Guest Biggles

Us Poor Sales Guys!

Guest Biggles

Hello all! Newbie here; hoping for some good news...

My wife and I are planning to move out to the Gold Coast in (maybe) 12 months. She's a neonatal nurse so shouldn't struggle to find work (fingers crossed!).

Trouble is, I'm an industrial sales guy and I can't imagine for a moment that Australia desperately needs the likes of me!! As my wife will only be looking for a part time job, I'm becoming a bit concerned that I won't be able to find work!

Does Oz have a place for little old me??

Guest gothicqueen

as far as I am aware, providing your wife has all the necessary quals and work exp it shouldnt matter what hours she is planning on working when she get there,

We for example are going on my skills (long long ago) as a hairdresser, but I have been told that I dont need to work as a hairdresser when we get there.

Best thing to do would be give an agent a ring for some free advice

Guest sheena

hiya, welcome to pio!!

hope all goes well for you!

sheena :wubclub:

Guest Biggles

Thanks guys!

We're trying to avoid using an agent but I'm starting to wonder if perhaps it's the best way to go - it would be nice to have jobs waiting for us!

I'll tell you what - watching "Wanted Down Under" is killing us!!! We've got at least a year to go before we land and the prog is pure torture! :wacko:

Hiya ,an agent wont necessarily get you jobs ,if your wife is a nurse she should qualify for a skilled independant PR visa,this will take a little longer than a sponsership visa to process but holds less ties all round. Most agents help you with the application and finding work is up to you ,unless you recruit specifically to find you sponsership.I have relocated a few nurses who gained PR than got jobs with Qld Health before they arrived,its great for them as QLD Health contribute to the relocation costs ,so can save you a fair lump of dough!

As for yourself,, if your a salesman ,can you not adapt to selling something else ?lol, there are a lot of sales jobs available around Brisbane/ Gold Coast areas.

Good luck with eveything

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...