Help! vetasess practical booked - need to book accomodation in glasgow

Guest beverley

Guest beverley

Well received great news via email this morning - passed vetassess paper assessment! yippee!!

Quickly booked practical in october 17th - as next one is in feb and really want to get cracking now. Only spaces left were in glasgow (quite far as we live in bournemouth!) Any managed to book flights, which were only £40 for us both there and back.

Now need to book a hotel/travel in for a couple of nights. Having never been really anywhere in uk can anyone whos done practical in glasgow reccomend a place to stay which is close to North Glasgow college, where practical is being held? Practical starts at 8.00am so dont want to be miles away and dont know area!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :notworthy:

Hi there,

My husband had his practical in July and he just stayed ata Travelodge, very reasonable, all you need is the bed for the night so I'll be surprised if Glasgow doesn't have one, they're usually in all major cities.

He got there early and made sure he knew his way to the College the night before and left early to get a parking space because he wan't sure how many people would be attending.

Worked fine for him, good luck with your assessment

Nora

Guest beverley

hiya, thanks!

partner is an electrician, so doing vetassess as general electrican.

Have booked hotel i did a search and found a holiday inn close by. Its been a busy day this morning found out we had passed stage one, so booked practical in glasgow flights there and hotel for 2 nights! Its lovely i feel like we are really moving towards our goal - finally its only been 5 years in the making lol...............just hope he passess now! or thats alot of money wasted!

Good luck with your application hope you hear back from them soon.

bev

Good luck to you too, forgot to say Steve passed, we found out on the 30th July so he didn't have to wait for long to find out. The Assessor said 7-10 days is when they would be in touch with the result and he was a friendly Assessor too.

He'll be fine but I do remember how nerve racking it was.

Nora

Just wanted to say good luck with test i am doing it the day before you, in glasgow aswell. I live in edinburgh so it will just be a case of driving through in the morning. glade you found some where to stay. What area are use planing on moving to.

Guest beverley
Just wanted to say good luck with test i am doing it the day before you, in glasgow aswell. I live in edinburgh so it will just be a case of driving through in the morning. glade you found some where to stay. What area are use planing on moving to.

thank you - good luck for yours too!

Planning on going to perth as my sister lives there so will be able to stay with her while we get ourselves sorted out. What about you?

Guest stixblue

Best of luck to all travelling to the Glasgow Electrical Test. I have mine there on the 13th October will let you know how it went! Anyone else that date.

Dave:twitcy:

Hi

We have no idea as to where we are going to live trying to do research and find some where nice but not the best at that sort of thing. hopfully it will all just fall into place when the visa part of things are out the way.

cheers mark

Archived