Supermarket prices in Oz website.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood
Hey Bud thanks for the Info! It is great for finding the which supermarkets are the cheapest, Unfortunately it does not show what is in the basket though, which would have been useful

I thought it did?:dull:

You need to take the following two points below into account!,but it is still great info to have, I wish that we had something similar in the UK it would definitely be useful !

• Why is information about the actual grocery items contained in the baskets not available?

GROCERYchoice provides information about the price of typical grocery baskets from a range of supermarket retailers across Australia. Individual product prices are not be presented.

The ACCC does not disclose the precise product list to ensure the integrity of the survey and prevent potential price manipulation of the survey by the supermarkets. The sample of products and supermarkets are also rotated on a regular basis.

• How many people in each household do the GROCERYchoice grocery baskets take into account?

The GROCERYchoice survey utilises data from the Australian Bureau of Statistic’s Household Expenditure Survey (HES) to determine the typical weekly purchasing activity of the average Australian household.

A household’s weekly expenditure on groceries may be somewhat different to that of the average Australian household. However, the published results will still be useful as they provide an indication of the relative difference in grocery prices between supermarket chains.

Guest YellowGecko

I don't know if there's more than one of these sites, but they were talking about one on some daytime TV show a few weeks ago, about how out of date the prices were, which is a bit useless really.

Ya just can't beat good ol' Tesco's website! :spinny:

Archived