Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paul_compy

Paul 27 (Carpenter)

Going on a WHV to make sure it's the place for me (which I'm pretty much 100% sure it is considering my GF is Australian & all my mates are there! Can never be too carefull though!) If the GF and I are solid at the end of the visa then I will apply for defecto & chill in NZ untill it comes through.

Also need to do my AFQ3 as I plan to work as a chippy but am only trained to NVQ2 level & want to do 1st fix instead of 2nd.

I leave the UK in Jan & might never return ;)

Boomflex!

Guest Euan&Katie

Euan (41) and Katie de Kock + Greg, Joe and Sam de Kock.

ACS RPL Assesment Received 16/04/08 - No MODL

ACS RPL Appeal Sent/Received 16/06/08 2231-79 MODL!

175 Application Lodged 30/06/08 (Online)

Health X-Ray and Checks Done 28/07/08 Acknowledged 29/08/08

UK Police Done 22/08/08

Zim Police Applied 24/09/08 - Waiting...

Hi,

We are Sarah, 27, Baker/Confectioner and Brian, 29, Air conditioning and Refrigeration Engineer.

Plus 2 dogs, Tess and Chico who will follow us over when we find somewhere suitable for them to live!!

Visa type: 175 - application recieved 17/08/08 and our medicals are on 23/10/08.

We are moving to Melbourne. (hopefully!!)

Guest teen 18
Hi everyone,

Kevin 44, Annette 43, Kieran 19, Ryan 15 and Niamh 12

Sponsored 457 visa for Construction Manager

Visa granted Aug 25th after three months from application

Stayed in Southport on reccie in March but like the look of Oxenford, Helensvale, Coomera.

Fly out On Oct 2nd OMG with house not sold.

Good Luck

Kev

hi guys

im on a 457, we had our meds done 26 sept nealy 3 wks ago and it feels like 12 months ago!!!!!, what i would like to know is how long do i have to wait before i get my visa . the meds got to sydney but because im renting my place out and looking for tennants i just wondered what time scale i have before sorting things out. Hope you can help

teen

Guest junglegeorge45

Just a heads up for everyone, it looks like there's something of a delay getting 176 visas processed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

All applications are processed in the date order that they were received at our office. Your application has not yet been allocated to a case officer.

As per information today on the Department's current allocation dates for s/c176 applications, we are currently allocating applications dated 11/12/2007 for E-lodged. As your application was lodged on 10/09/2008 it will be some time yet until it is allocated to a Case Officer.

For information on current allocation dates of applications, please send a blank email to:

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

You will receive the information by auto reply. We update this information weekly.

Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to process your application.

Any correspondence sent to DIAC should ONLY BE SENT IN ONCE. Please ensure it includes a cover sheet stating your full name, date of birth, passport number, and either your file reference number or Transaction Record Number or Request ID.

Documents which are scanned and emailed to us are acknowledged by auto response. When scanning your documents to us we recommend that you use a service auto reply from your email that can provide you with confirmation that your documents have been delivered. No further manual confirmation will be provided for these documents.

For online lodged applications - online checklists do not automatically update. It will be updated when your application is allocated to, and assessed by, a case officer.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.

au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Guest Maz and Nick

Hi all,

We applied for a 176 visa online on 06/09/08 it says processing commenced but we haven't been assigned a case worker yet. We haven't sorted meds out as I thought it would be best to wait until the case worker requests them! if anyone has any advice please let me know.

We have been planning this and sorting it out since January - it just takes so long.

We also decided to do it ourselves and haven't gone through an agency so I am worried in case we have done anything wrong.

I can't wait to be able to book flights!

Happy waiting everyone!

Maz

Guest junglegeorge45
Hi all,

We applied for a 176 visa online on 06/09/08 it says processing commenced but we haven't been assigned a case worker yet. We haven't sorted meds out as I thought it would be best to wait until the case worker requests them! if anyone has any advice please let me know.

We have been planning this and sorting it out since January - it just takes so long.

We also decided to do it ourselves and haven't gone through an agency so I am worried in case we have done anything wrong.

I can't wait to be able to book flights!

Happy waiting everyone!

Maz

Just a quick question for everyone in the same boat as myself. When filing for your 176 (or other visa) did you choose to pre-load documents with the filing, or wait until a case officer had been assigned?

Personally, I went with the deluge of paperwork up front, but as with Maz and Nick, it took about 5 months of legwork before I had it all in hand and was ready to file.

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hello everyone, we are:

Donna (41 ouch..)

Jason (37) Plumber and Australian

Lloyd (10)

Georgia (7)

Spouse visa front loaded 27th August. Case officer has everything she needs, however my medicals are still in Sydney waiting for approval.

Heading for Perth July/August 09.

Good luck to everyone.......hope to see you in the sunshine :-)

Hi,

Going to Sydney (I hope).

175 MODL Java - online submitted 30 Sep 2008.

Is about 5 months to process realistic? I was hoping for 2 months, but that looks out of the question.

Eddy.

Guest junglegeorge45

If you're lucky, you can expect your ACS accessment and visa processing to take between 9 - 11 months from start to finish. Given that you've just lodged at the end of September, I would guess your visa might be granted next March/April (see my posting of 16/10 above)

Hi im Pam, Husband Pete

At very start of process, looking at 175 skilled independent

collecting info for skills asseesment

hoping to go to Brisbane

:idea:.

Guest junglegeorge45

Welcome aboard, but make sure you pull a comfortable chair with an overstuffed cushion, it's a bit of a wait.

Guest purdysmum

Hey guys,

Donna 29 Training Officer

Mark 41 Technical Sales Engineer

We are at the very start of process, looking at 175 skilled independent visa and we are collecting info for skills asseesment at the minute but it seems we have a complicated situation. Neither of us have degreess although OH has a toolmaker's apprenticeship that he did 20 years ago.

Not fussed where we go, although Sydney / Brissy caught our eyes when we were out there.

Wish us luck, think we made need it just to get through skill assessment for OH :wacko:

Good luck everyone else x:cute:

Guest junglegeorge45

Quick update. I received notification from my case officer at ACS that my assessment SHOULD BE completed this week!!! (This according to the manager of the assessing department)

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Hi all we are the Metcalfe's

Rickie 31 electrition special class(main applicant)

Dionne 33 Nursery Nurse

Thomas 9

Maisie 6

Lucy our 10 year old Labrador

We passed the TRA in sept 08

Main application lodged Oct 14th 08

We wont be front loading meds or pc as its less time to sell our house just waiting for CO now.:v_SPIN:

Hi to you all

Kim 43: General nurse

Troy 40: Teaching assistant

Jade 15

Luke 18

176 skilled sponsered visa using an agent

Skills assesment passed April, I think

Paperbased Visa received June 07: still waiting, wish they would hurry up, will have meds when we get the thumbs up

Names: Steve (38), Theresa (29) & our 3 young kids

What Visa: Permant residency (457?)

How far along are you: Getting stuff ready for TRA

Where you going to be living: Perth, WA (hopefully)

Guest cat woman

applied for job from an advert in UK mag May 08

i had job interview June 08

job acceptance July 08

meds July 08

119 visa lodged with DIAC Aug 08

PR visa granted within 3 weeks:arghh:

2 months notice given to work Sept 08

leaving work mid Nov 08

flying out to Oz end Nov 08:wacko:

Guest junglegeorge45

*UPDATE* 29/10/2008 Received registered post today from ACS indicating a pass as an I.T. Manager in Group A! I'm very pleased. Uploaded additional paperwork in support of my visa lodgement , however, no sign of a case officer anywhere.

Names: Rachel & Martin + kids Abigail (7) and Cassie (18 months)

What Visa: PR 175 Skilled (Dh is a welder/sheet metal worker)

How far along are you: Awaiting TRA results (should have them by end of Sept).... trying to get the money together now for rest of application

Where you going to be living: Was going to be Newcastle, but DH undecided and is thinking Brisbane (surrounds) might be better for us

OH does same job, also looking south Brisbane, down towards Sydney. Any suggestions/companies you can recommend contacting? Seem to be lots - just hope there's jobs out there for us! We're on the hunt now we've got the VISA!

Kath

• 2 weeks later...
Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

Matt & jennie

Visa 176

Applied April online with agent - no case officer yet !

Torquay

posted query yesterday - our sponsor has just lost his job - will this affect our application ?

Guest iclark955

Hello everyone

Ian and Margaret here. Applied by paper application CP 173 Oct 3 2008. Just received File reference number Nov 11 2008. The letter says case officers are currently processing applications for Sept 2007.

Do we need to get anything organised before a CO is allocated?

Guest junglegeorge45

Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out if anyone is aware of a way to speed up the aloocation of CO's to applications? Is there a government agency that accepts complaints, suggestions or comments?

Cheers,

Alex.

Archived