older children

Guest nashers

Guest nashers

Hi there im new to this site.

Me and hubby are just starting out on our tra :roll: He is a bricklayer. We have four children, a girl of 20, and three sons aged 18, 15 and 12.

My problem is how do i get the two older ones out there with us? At present my daughter goes to college 1 day a week and works part time, and my son works for his dad labouring.

would they be classed as dependent if they was to both start full time courses herebefore i do my visa application, or do they have to have been in full time education consistently since leaving school? :?

Please help if you can cos i dont want to leave them behind.

thanks, Ali

Hi Ali

We have an older son nearly 18 he has not been in full time education consistently since leaving school he started September gone and we have applied for his visa based on him being dependant as of now.

Basically he left school at 15 started college at 17.

Hope this helps

Kaye :)

Guest nashers

Thanks Kaye. Not sure if that applies to mine though as they are both already over 18. Let me know how you get on though. :wink:

Wish someone could help me on this.

I know they are 18 and 20 but I wouldnt say that on their wages they could afford to live independently. They would never afford the rent let alone manage to pay bills etc. :cry:

Ali

Hi there

We have the same problem but two girls aged 23 and 22 both working so classed as independant and a boy of 16 in education which means he can come on our visa. We hesitated in sending off our visa because of this but have now sent it as there is no way they can come as dependants whatever way you look at it. We are going to do: one of them wants to study so will look at the study visa and then try and get her to do a trade on the MODL list and apply for PR after, a long and drawn out process but we don't know what else to do and the other one wants to do a WHV and do some sort of fruit picking for 3 months, which then gives her 2 years there. Don't know what we will do after that but if it comes to it I suppose we would have to come back if they couldn't stay.

It is really worrying and I wish there was an answer for us but there is no way they could go back to full time studies here as they have financial commitments.

If you are able to I would definitely send them back to study and put them on your application.

Nicky

Guest nashers

Thank you Nicky.

So do you think if I enrolled and paid for them to go into education here before i submit my visa then they will be able to get on my application as dependents? I so hope so :D I could not consider going without them they are what keep me going most days.

Where are you going to? We're hoping to go to Brisbane. Just busy sorting out refs for the TRA at the moment, scary stuff! :shock:

Ali.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Sorry it took so long to answer but have had problems with my computer. I would definitely send them back to college just so that they can be included on your visa as doing it our way, which is not through choice, is going to be costly for us as they would not have the money to pay for anything but as they are much older than your two kids it is that much more difficult. Our eldest daughter has now decided that she is going to stay here and complete her hairdressing course, which she had to give up due to dermatitis!! god knows how to spell that. The middle daughter, 22 year old, will try and do the study option, which in itself could be £5-10,000.

We would like to settle in the sunshine coast area as we relly liked it there and we have just been requested to go and have our medicals and police checks so looks like we are getting somewhere. Am getting quite nervous now and wondering if we are doing the right thing, especially as one of my kids will be left here and we don't know how she will survive.

Have you now sorted your lot out and decided what to do?

Nicky

Archived