- Cleveland

- Ferny Grove

- Camp Hill

- Bribie Island

- North Lakes

- The Gap

- Forest Lake

- Park Lake

Keep em coming guys! Anyone need any info on anywhere NOT in the list? Let us know adn we will help you!

Hi Jo we are loking at the area from Bigerra Waters to Paradise Point and in between everyone has been very helpfull to us in the past but would love some further information on Commbabah so far Paradise Point is my favourite form our last trip but with all the information on this thread who knows where we will end up.

Thanks again for starting this

Evelyn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone is thinking of a suburb not already mentioned ,feel free to post its name and im sure we will all try our best to tell you abit about it.

Cal x

Hi I'm a solid plaster from Suffolk still waiting for CO (logged 7 months now) hoping to go to Maroochydore QLD any info many thanks

Hi Joanne

I'm a solid plaster from Suffolk, still waiting for CO (been logged now for 7 months) we are hoping to live in Maroochydore any info.

Many thanks Lance

I have always been told that North Lakes is nicknamed Little Britain!!

That's correct Johatts,

I knew a lot of poms from there and they seem to like it,although they seemed to live in each others pockets which didn't really appeal to us.

The local pub has seen some aggro recently due to there being too many cockneys there I believe. All trying to out shout each other and convince the Aussies in the pub that "I knew the Krays better than anyone in here guvna!!!".....You know the script! :arghh:

Guest scotty j

Brilliant thread, such excellant useful information, im even more in love with pacific pines, the more i see hear and read about it the more i hope i end up living there, thanks again for the info

Guest Chocolatetrish

Fantastic thread - not sure where we are heading yet as its too early in the process!!

Trish x

Guest cherylnandy

Hi everyone

We currently live in Ferny Grove, which is about 12km from CBD. Has its own train station and bus service that takes you to other local suburbs. It has its own primary and high school which both of my children attend and love. There a plenty of parks and also parks for the four legged friends too. There is a small shopping complex which includes a supermarket, bakery, hairdressers, pharmacy, fruit shop, take away shops and a coffee shop. there is also a doctors surgery based here. It a very leafy suburb and if you go to upper kedron from one of the rds up there you can see brisbane shipping port. There is plenty to do and plenty of after school activities for the kiddies to enjoy. We love it

Guest julesaaron

Hi

Fairly new to this site. What a cool thread but am bit worried as the areas we have been browsing are not mentioned. Morayfield/Caboolture etc...

Nothing is set in stone or owt and also depends where the work is but .....hmm

Hi Julie, i had my heart set on Caboolture yet when i arrived and had a good luck around it just wasnt for me. The aussies dont rate Caboolture,Morayfield or Deception Bay but whats bad for one can be good for another and you shouldnt rule anywhere out until you have seen the place yourself,we are all different and like different things.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about Springfield & Springfield Lakes? My OH works in industry & alot of the companies doing what he does seem to be on south side of Brisbane. And when he looked at areas on google Earth, he saw lots of what look like new estates/houses going up in that area, & reasonably priced, so thought it may be good for us? But I have had a quick look at the schools & they don't seem particularly impressive - results wise.

Any thoughts anyone?

Kath

Guest Brendan/Mandy

Places in ozzie land!!!!

Hi everyone wish there was a thread like this when we were emigrating............

Anyway arrived here Feb 07...straight to Mackay, North Qld:

Mackay has got beautiful weather especially in the winter when it is blue skies & very warm..hot!!

In summer, as its tropical, there is more rain but HoT HOT!!!! It is a very spread out town with the mining industry up there if you get a job there you will earn $$$$$$$$

It has lots of palm trees, very clean & nice. Beaches are nice but no-one is ever on them apart from maybe 10 people at a time. You cant swim in the sea for about 7 mths of the year for box jelly fish & other wildlife......I never went in the sea there or my kids!!

A drive up to the famous backpackers location 'Airlie Beach' & the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands is 1hour 15 min from Mackay..you get a transfer boat from shute Harbour at Airlie & it takes you to the islands....Hamilton is lush!!!!! That is what I expected of Australia ....its a dream on the islands it really is!!

Overall its a nice place......but not for us...limited place to go!!

Caboolture...... outer north brissy... renting here now since nov 07

Its nice here but not many palm trees, nearest beaches are around 20 mins away (bribie Island).

North lakes (15-20 mins)....brissy city (40min)......Brisbane airport (40)..... Gold Coast (90min).....sunshine coast (40min).

The main things for living here is lower house prices its in between everything.

I would ideally like to live in Sunshine Coast its lovley there.......Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba.......Caloundra (40min) is where my hubby works to drive there is hassle free... it is where I want to live but house prices are increasing that way. We are due to vacate in May so fingers crossed then i can add another post of "Living on the Sunshine Coast"

Hope this helps.....mandy

Guest Dionne and Rickie

:wubclub:I am loving this thread and i love the sound of Pacific Pines even more now, ooh im getting excited.:smile:

Guest Sarah.H79

Hi,

I am a nurse and we have decided to move to Southport, gold coast in September. Can anyone shed any light on this area please or nearby Burleigh Heads also looks good!

Thanks

Sarah.

Still awaiting visa!!!!

Guest Noodle

Hi all and thank you for a great thread and your replies. I have just spent over an hour taking notes and wondered if there was anyone else who could add areas not already covered.

Hi all, this is a great thread, I enjoy reading!

Maybe there is someone who can say something about carindale and carina? That would be terrific :jiggy:

Nini

The first 6km or so of Brisbane contains beautiful wooden houses known as "Queenslanders". They were mostly built before world war II. They are the most desirable houses in Brisbane. After the approx 6km line the post world war II wooden houses start. These houses are known as "post war" and are often plainer, less ornate, with plaster internal walls, tiled roofs etc.

Carina is about 7 or 8km out from the CBD so it has a lot of the plainer post war houses. On the plus side it has a good little shopping strip and a high side known as Carina Heights where you get expansive views.

Carindale is just after Carina (approx 10km) at the beginning of the 70's brick belt. It has brick houses from the 70's to the present day. It has a good reputation in the local area. A lot of successful Italian and Greek migrants settled in the area. The suburb also contains Brisbane's second largest shopping mall and a bus interchange. It is a designated Brisbane City Council hub where future growth is planned.

A future dedicated busway is planned to give speedy travel into the CBD.

Guest Happyone
Hi all, this is a great thread, I enjoy reading!

Maybe there is someone who can say something about carindale and carina? That would be terrific :jiggy:

Nini

Carindale is quite nice, parts are upmarket, especially near the golf course - close to lots of good schools and surprising easy to get to the city from there. Lots of huge houses, mostly brick/stucco and if you like that style of modern housing, it's a really nice convenient place to live. It's inside the Brisbane City Council boundary, so from the shops (Myer and David Jones, as well as the biggest Laura Ashley store in Queensland) there, you'll get a bus to the city about every 5-10 mins with many express buses. It has excellent access to the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast highways.

Carina, there are really nice parts, and the rest is coming along - it will be one of those suburbs that just keeps improving and would be a great investment.

My only gripe with Carindale, and it's a purely personal thing, is that the houses have no character being fairly new, so I prefer to the older Queenslanders, which is why we are moving to the top of Coorparoo to a house that's over a hundred years old...I'm in love with it:spinny:

hi everyone

great thread. does anyone have info on areas around Ashmore, Gold Coast? I'll be studying there next year and we'll be looking to rent a 2/3 bed house. Price dictates I'm afraid so we'll be looking at $250-300 per week while I'm studying (2 yrs). We're easily pleased and just loooking for a nice family area (got 2 kiddies) within 10-15 miles of the college in Ashmore. Any info on areas such as Nerang, Labrador, Parkwood, Ashmore itself, Highland Park, Ernest and any others round that way would be great.

Thanks

Ant and Rach:smile:

Archived