Brisbane: Sell your suburb

cartertucker

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Distance from Brisbane CBD: 28km (17.5 miles)
  • Surrounding suburbs: Victoria Point West(4165), Mount Cotton(4165), Shailer Park(4128), Loganholme(4129)
  • Other suburbs with same post code: Carbrook,
  • Median house price (2007): $425,000

Nice neat front lawns :SLEEP:

Oh, Cornubia is latin for Cornwall

Guest Scardycat
More please! Would especially love to hear from people in Coomera/Upper Coomera...

x

think we might have to wait for the night shift to come on, they should be getting up soon:SLEEP:

Guest Rickard Family

great thread Jo

just thought i would bump it up in time for everyone over there:notworthy: some of them should of finished their tea now...lol

Lou x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kellys

thanks for this great thread. We fly out to live in Brisbane in just 4 days and have not identified our suburb yet so please keep responding!!!

Pixie

Guest thomas omalley

I found this list of ‘worst places’ to live compiled by News Limited newspapers, whoever they are? The list is compiled "based on factors including infrastructure, crime and overall affordability"..... which is a bit worrying as I’m hoping to move to the last one!

Bankstown western Sydney, Blacktown western Sydney, Darwin northern suburbs, Dinmore Brisbane, Esperance WA, Giru Qld, Kalgoorlie WA, Katherine NT, Lyndhurst Melbourne, Mount Isa Qld, Parramatta, Shepparton Vic, Sunshine Coast Qld

Id take them stats with a pinch of salt mate ,i wouldnt have a problem staying in Dinmore or the sunny coast ,they definately dont have higher crome rates than some areas in brisbane i could mention ,sunny coast probably made it onto the list due to affordability as i know prices have risen quite a bit this last year which has caused some concern in the press etc.

Hope this helps

Cal x

Warner: North Brisbane ,25 Min drive to CBD and half way between sunshine and gold coast.Has a small shopping complex and 15 mins to 2 major shopping centres(strathpine and Chermside)Some older but mostly new build houses ,especially in Warner Lakes estate.

Plenty Parks /Playgroups /Swimming pools local.3 Kindys and both State school and catholic school in the area.

In the 2 years I have been here it has been a great home for my family and would recommend it as a place to bring up kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this thread, so am boosting it back up again! Having just got our VISA (HURRAH!) we are now madly searching for the right area to move to. Planning a reckie soon, so need to narrow it down a bit!

So keep coming with your suggestions!

Kath

Not really sure what to write but im in Algester (Brisbane southside) i love it here, its about 25kms outside the CBD but its not far to drive to some of the bigger shoppin centres like logan hyperdome, garden city, indooropilly and browns plains. There are a few schools around which ive heard are quite good, lots of childcare centres, a gym, post office, super IGA, woolworths, chemists, servos. A few kids parks and off leash dog areas.

We did live in a townhouse complex for a while which had a swimming pool, spa and sauna which was great but now we got our own place.

If i can give any more info please let me know

Archived