the cost of dogs

Guest bondy3182

Guest bondy3182

Hi Everyone just got my visas through for me and my wife Elle.We're moving to melbourne.However she insists our dogs come too. 2 border collie bitches. Watched the program 'Wanted Down Under' this morning and it was suggested that it cost on average approx £3000.00 per dog .Surely this can't be correct.Please,Please could somebody put our minds at rest on this issue. Otherwise I might be coming over alone.

Hi, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it ain't cheap £3000 is about right. Have a look around the site as there are a number of threads around this subject. I've got two elderly moggies age 16, who won't be coming with us as it's just too much and I don't think it'll be fair to stress them out.

Guest bondy3182

Thank's motherof2.

Tonights discussion is probably going to be as heated as a flag-stone on a Brisbane street. Ah Well.Hope she see's sense.

Hi Bondy,

It isnt quite £3000 as we are shipping our Border collie over and it is £2250 ship him then we only have 3 blod tests to get from vets so the cost of them too will come to roughly £2500 and that is shipping him with Golden Arrow and they are suppose to be fantastic no paperwork for you to fill in at all. Our Visa is due any day noy just stuck with the backlog of visa awaiting approval and we will be off to Sydney as i have already got a job out there for when visa is through as a care Officer/Disability Worker. Hope this has helped it isnt cheap by any means but it is down to how much you love your pets really.

Kind Regards

Lynne

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest THE BROONS

we are having trouble finding an airline that will take our dog. Are staffordshire bull terriers banned in oz? She is 5yrs old and loves people and I am desperate to find a way to get her over there. Would be grateful if anyone could help us.

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi there,

It would appear that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are not banned from being imported to Australia.

I have just had a look on www.google.com.au putting in 'banned dog breeds importing to Australia', and there is loads of info, some of which is State-specific, and there's too many links for me to post here.

Hope it helps.

Rachel:wubclub:

Hiya

I dont think that Staffies are banned in Oz, but I dont think airlines like to take 'short nosed' dogs incase they have breathing difficulties.

Have you asked any Pet Relocation Companies? They maybe able to advise you.

Also, have you been asking the airlines about shipping him yourself? I have heard that a lot of airlines dont accept dogs unless they are being shipped through a relocation company.

Hope some of this helps you.

Sam xx

Guest yvonne & paul

Hi,

We are using Pets on the Move for our 2 dogs and cost with them is £3200.00 and that is from door to door for both dogs. You do have to have bloods and vacinations done at your vet which is more expense. Any other info you need just ask

Yvonne

Archived