Cost of dentistry

Guest gail.crease

Guest gail.crease

Question for those already living the dream......is the cost of dentistry much cheaper than in the UK? I need to have a lot of work done and it will cost me thousands :yikes: which will leave us a bit short on cash for emigrating. Hubby thinks it'll be cheaper in Oz and wants me to wait. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hiya ,i havnt been yet as everyone here keeps telling me how expensive it is ,from our experience of Oz so far i think i would have the work done before you leave especially ifyour a scardeycat like me.i will see if i can get some prices after the bank hol

Cal x

Hi

Best to get the work done in the UK as it definately will not be cheaper over here. a consultation (with no work) for my 5 yr old cost $30, so if you need loads of work, get it done before you leave!

Jackie

Yes .... get all your dental work done before you leave the UK . My daughter needed braces on her teeth . It cost Thousands !! here in Aus . It would have been cheaper to fly back to England , get the work done and fly back again , and a holiday thrown in for good measure too ... and still be quids in . Was checking the price of specs today , and it appears that it may be cheaper to get those in the UK too .

:cry:

Guest austibeach

I'm certainly no expert on the costs of dentistry in either country, however my wife has had work done on two occasions in Australia and the cost was around A$100 each time. The cost of a check up here, where we live in Cornwall, is now £75....this includes a clean up...... :shock:

If you are fortunate enough to still have a National Health dentist in your town, you may well get the work done cheaper here, but it's by no means certain.

Eric.

Archived