Visa Agents

Guest mitch&carm

Guest mitch&carm

Hi all, I need some info please. We want to go to Oz, can anyone here recommend a company that deals with Visa's in the South East or would it be better if we did it ourselves? Do you think it would make a difference that we are South Africans living here wanting to go there?

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

Hi Mitch.

We have just sent away for our free visa assesment from ASA Consultants and are currently waiting for their reply. If they can give us the thumbs up then we will need to part with real money and go for the real thing.

We are told (hopefully on good authority) that if an agency thinks you have a chance of getting a visa then they will get you a visa! It's worth discussing this with an agent if you go that route before getting too deeply involved. They will advise you on what is the best type of visa for you to enter Australia with. i.e. skilled visa, business visa, family visa etc.

We have friends that moved to Brisbane in December (for good) and they went through an agency on a skilled visa. It would appear that some people have done it on their own and succeeded but that you will stand a much better chance going through an agency.

Try http://www.australia-migration.com as a starting point and register for a free assessment by filling in your details and submitting them for their perusal! We were given their details by people whose family we know here in the UK and they are now living in Brisbane and have been since last July! Maybe we too can be that lucky!

Good luck Mitch.

J&M

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mitch

I think that whether or not to use an Agent, and if so which one, is an immensely personal decision.

A lot of people enjoy the challenge of figuring the whole thing out for themselves. They are confident (as I am) of their own ability to analyse the DIMA website in so far as it concerns themselves. They understand that DIMA staff are only civil servants, not some sort of God. Some of the staff have a GSOH too. Chatting with a couple of them on a couple of points on behalf of my Mum recently (Contributory Parent visa) I said, "Did you Instruct a Roo to write this particular Clause, buddy, or did the Legal Team concoct it All By Themselves? Because it is gibberish as it stands, so I'm intrigued about the identity of the author."

The CO I was chatting with burst out laughing and said, "God knows who wrote it! The Policy Branch tell me that XYZ is the Official Way to Interpret it, however..." (Ah, the Policy Branch, lol! :roll: How would the planet rotate without the Policy Branch?! :? ) Other DIMA staff tend to be a mite Intellectually Challenged, however, and can therefore be a Pain In The Neck. The same goes for some Registered Migration Agents, I find.

If you want a Migration Agent who carries my personal trust, respect and endorsement 100%, then choose Alan Collett of Go Matilda in Southampton. Purely as an interested observer, nothing more (now that Mum's visa is done & dusted) I reckon that Alan Collett is probably by far the best in the business in technical terms at the moment. He's FAR more of an all-rounder with the various visas than I wish to be and also than I have observed with the others. I've been watching him on the forums and talking with him for a year now via the same means. On the technical front, I've seen ALL of the others who publish on British Expats etc being wrong-footed by each other or by me. I've never seen Alan Collett wrong-footed by the others and I've never had reason to challenge him myself because I have agreed with him on his technical contentions.

Cheers

Gill

I can recommend http://www.e-ra.biz (Oz Migration) they have very different service offers, which allows you to decide on your needs and budget (the following is taken from their website)

The Desktop ($1500) service being an online 24/7 resource, packed full of information, recommendations, Checklists, Notes, Links and

DIY simplified visa application service, saving thousands ($000s) on the immigration process and visa applications – there is also a

2 hour review built-in of a persons application, prior to lodgement. This service is available for up to four years to the user (once Joined)

which supports the person completely through the transition of the move, during and after (settlement) as required.

The Premium service is using highly qualified lawyers/migration agents (fully registered with MARA and resident in Australia)

assigned to fully assist the person/s with the visa application process at very competitive rates.

Regards

Jade

Guest mitch&carm

Thanks a million, seems like there are pro's and con's. I spose it would be cheaper to do it by myself but its less of a hassle if someone does it for us. :shock: I will check out all the sites you guys have posted, thanks again.

Mitch

Archived