ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mon&mark

criteria for 457 visa

Guest mon&mark

hi all

does anyone know if i were to find an employer to sponsor me on a 457 visa what criteria i would have to meet for the visa application to be accepted i.e would i still need a skills assesment or aqf 111, i have worked in finance for 11 years but have no formal quals and jobs i'm capable of are not on the SOL there are plenty of jobs advertised that i have the skills for but not sure how it works and I'm wondering if this is an option for us , thanks in advance for any replies :skeptical:

Mon x

Guest tigsgate

Hi Mon, I can only tell you what I've found out going through our fact find process and what we've been told by agencies. I'm in the same situation as you, worked in finance for years and QBE only. If you find a company that would sponsor you, they would have to prove that there was no applicants in australia, (with or without qualifications) that could carry out that role. So basically, we're at the bottom of the pile!! I wouldnt let that detere you though, I'd still go for as many jobs as you can, accountants arnt on the SOL coz theres loads of them applying for the roles so this must improve your chances. I'm fortunate that my husband is qualified albeit a year too old to get the 175 visa which was disappointing. We've registered with a couple of agencies, Micheal Page and Hays.

dont give up and good luck.