Carpenter - Got my Vetassess practical date

Guest markshelley

Guest markshelley

Hi,

:jiggy:

Im a Carpenter who has got my practical date of 28th October in Accrington, and i was wondering :

1) What everybody elses feelings were when leading upto the test?

2) What tasks did you do during the test?

3) How long did it take for your pass or fail result?

4) Have you got any contacts for jobs/agency over in Oz?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

My OH is also booked in in October for his practical. I have done so much research on the practicals now!! I think, to be honest they are just looking to see that you know what you're doing!! They want to know you have obvious experience with power tools, understand the basics and that you haven't made up all the paperwork!!!

What I've heard is they ask you to construct a saw horse from plans. set out partition wall to include door and window. And construct a small scale hip roof. Also to sharpen chisels etc. They will be coming round asking you questions all throughout the day whilst ticking boxes!! decisions are sent to you about 2 weeks after the test.

My OH is nervous as he hasn't done roofing for years, he's been more of a second fix man, but I think I'm more nervous than he is.

We haven't got job contacts, but my sister lives in Oz, so we'll be using all her contacts while we settle in!!!!

Good luck with it.

Lets hope you both pass!!!

hi my oh did joinery test in april similar things to your test just no hip roof.

he did say look carefull at the dimensions on the saw horse as there is a twist. and double look at the measuments b4 u cut the wood.

Archived