car hire in WA

mr luvpants

Guest MarcSkinner

bayswater car rental (the no birds ones) are the cheapest. I've used them in Sydney a couple of times and I would recommend them. You only get the choice of a Toyota Corolla however! Looks like they have offices 3km from Perth airport. There is no shuttle bus, but their site says it's a $15 taxi fare.

I think we used them at Easter and they were really cheap & we had no problems, we didn't get the car from the airport we got a taxi to their offices!

hi

Bayswater No birds are good value we used them the first week we arrived there is m2000 but think they are in north and they are a similar price but i think there is a mileage charge after a time. We picked it up in city but on website thought there was an airport pickup

Mally

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya

Can only say to avoid Hertz who "accidentally" charged our credit card twice - then added hundreds of pounds on to our final bill the following year when we had to use them again. (We used autoeurope for the booking and despite my complaints that I didn't want use them again, said they had to use Hertz).

By the time Hertz replied to my letters about the overcharging, I was out of time to have VISA investigate it - yet I had to get them to look into it in the first place to satisfy VISA that I had tried to resolve it! You cannot contact them either - they hide behind a web address with no contact details. It was extremely difficult locating their H/O in Melbourne.

They eventually refunded the duplicate bill from last year, but did nothing about the fact they charged us £650 for an additional 8 days car hire and "charges" in Feb this year when we had to stay on longer! There were no damages to the car. (We made a reccy trip last year and this - hence the 2 bookings).

They also lost our booking and left us stranded at the Airport with 5 year old twins and an 18 month old for 4 hours whilst they tried to find a car for us. We were there until midnight after travelling 24 hours. Eventually, I had to scream at the stupid bloke behind the counter as we had to get our children out of there and into bed.

I would avoid them if you can!

Tracy

Archived