and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest adam krajnyk

whats narre warren like?

Guest adam krajnyk

hi,

been looking at houses on the net in berwick.

narre warren seems to pop up a lot and just wonderd if anyone can tell me what this area is like?

just putting our house up for sale now and sorting our kids visas out as we already have permenent residency.

There are some lovely parts to Narre Warren and then there are some older run down areas. In Narre Warren South you have Berwick Springs, a lovely estate, landscaped around lakes. In Narre Warren North and East you will find acreage properties. There is lots going on in Narre Warren, you have the Fountain Gate Shopping Centre and a train station.

Here is a suburb guide i have put together, it is not complete but will give you some basic info. http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/narre-warren_suburb.htm

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi,

We live in Narre Warren South on the Berwick Springs Estate and like Moving2Mel said, there are good and not so good parts, just the same as everywhere. Narre Warren is a large place and splits into Narre Warren South, North, etc. We like it here as everything we need is around us. Shopping centre, places to walk, cycle, have picnics, etc. Chippie, post office, video rental, etc. We have good swimming pools around us and a library close by. We are about 25 mins from the nearest beach and within reach of Mornington, Rosebud, Portsea, Sorrento etc for days out. Neil commutes to Cheltenham for work and he says it takes on average about 40 minutes. We have good meat wholesalers and fruit and veg stores. Berwick centre is about 10 minutes away (at most, and if the lights are against you) and has lovely cafes, wine bars, etc. The train station is minutes away, either at Narre Warren or Berwick and it takes about 50 minutes to get to the city by train. The houses in Berwick are more expensive than the ones in Narre Warren South, but its literally just down the road from us.

Hope this helps a little.

T xx

Domestic Goddess For Hire

your home cleaned with pride

Guest adam krajnyk

thanks for the information you gave us.

been looking at narre warren south and its sounds nice from what you have said.

how long does it take to get to the city by car from narre warren? as thats where i will be working more than likely. its not far from the freeway i belive.

we used to live in edithvale and it was a nightmare on the napean highway everyday.

thanks again.

Hi Adam

To be honest I would be looking at going in on the train. I use to do the journey to North Melbourne on the Monash daily and it was nightmares. If you left around 4.30am - 5.15am it would take 45 minutes but coming home in rush hour it could take 2 hours. Maybe an hour on the train.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest ashmalog

i recently did a reckie and loved berwick and narre warren - although we pronounced it wrong!! my friend found it funny hearing our accent and pronounciation. narre warren north was sparce but south was good. lots to do and open spaces. apparantly good schools. we are looking at these area or pakenham - a bit further east.

Guest angiebabe

We are also in Narre Warren South and like others have said there is everything you need within a 10 min drive..also has easy access to the city...Berwick is just down the road but housing seems a little more expensive there and its slightly further away from the beach..