If you need info on schools in Brisbane, this is probably the thread for you!

Guest Scotty Dog

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smithettes

My sister wants to come out on a 12month holiday visa,will she beable to put her two boys into school for that period? Also, she has asked about fees,will she have to pay them, roughly how much are they per term?year? As my two litle ones are under 2yrs I can't help her with these answers. I live in redland bay area ans I would have thought she will put them into a state school. If you know anything about these questions I would be grateful.

Hi guys,

I'm a teacher out here in BrisVegas. I've been here since 2003 and am now in a GPS schools (private sector). More than happy to help out my fellow countrymen.

Any questions, fire away!

Guest smithettes

My sister wants to come to OZ on a12month holiday visa. She has asked me if the boys will be able to go to school for that time and how much? I haven't a clue about schools etc as my babies are tiny things. I expect that she would put them in a state school if she can. Do you know if they can go to school here on a holiday visa and any idea of costs per term/year etc?

Thanks, Kelly

Hi guys,

I'm a teacher out here in BrisVegas. I've been here since 2003 and am now in a GPS schools (private sector). More than happy to help out my fellow countrymen.

Hiya,

I was just wondering if you could help me with a few teacher qu. I am an Aussie, born and bread. I went to uni at Griffith and completed my bachelor of edu - primary, though did my internship in China which means I didn't get a rating. I was however registered with QCA until last yr. Before I could get a rating I decided to come to the Uk and have been teaching here for 3years. (Thought I was staying so stopped my registration). I'm just about to complete my NQT and QTS on March 2. Now the problem is, I want to move to Sydney at the end of this year.

I've looked on the websites and phoned a few people to find out what I need to do. I've found an onine application to teach in NSWgov schools (this is proving tricky). My main qu. is, how quickly did you manage to get you qualifications accredited? Also did they consider your QTS and NQT? Or did you have to go through the same process over there? Would it better for me to re-register in QLD and then change over to NSW later? Finally I would like to get into the private sector, what qualifications would I need in order to teach in a private school? If I need my Catholic Studies, my partner is Catholic and I one day do intend to get married in a Cotholic church, so I'm happy to go through confirmation here if it would help.

Ahhh! I thought my partner had all the hard work to do to get the visa! I will learn one day just to stay in one place!:confused:

Guest KilleyClan
Hi guys,

hi

i want to become a teacher originally as a primary school teacher but since i have been doing my degree in eng language with the OU i have decided that i would like to teach it in a secondary school. only prob is i haven't done any literature. do they teach lang and lit in oz? would i need both to do my teacher training in oz and to become an eng teacher?

thanks for doing this thread its a great idea :wink:

Emma

Guest Lou Locket

Hi there

we are moving to Ormeau at some point shortly, from Sydney. Don't know anyone there at all so very interested in finding out about anything to do with Ormeau but particularly the school situation? Our girls are twins aged 9 (year4 in NSW) ALthough I beleive the local Ormeau state school to be good (hope so anyway) I am not sure about the situation with the local high schools in the area??? There do not seem to be many and those that there are, seem to all be religious or fee paying??? Can you advise please???

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Annemcx

Hi thanks for the thread. Wondering about where they publish high school results. Any ideas?

Cheers

Anne

Guest DadAgain

High school results in QLD here:

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/downloads/about/qsa_stats_yr12_outcomes_07.pdf

Youre probably most interested in "%ge student OP1-15" column - OP1-15 are Uni entrance grades. (1 being best 15 being *just* enough to get in to some courses)

These are published every year with last years due out in the beginning of April.

They show that apart from the uber-pricey GPS schools, private schools in Qld dont actually have any better results than decent state schools. If you're moving to SEQld - do your geography research carefully and pick a good school area and you'll save THOUSANDS in school fees (better spent on a nicer place to live perhaps?)

Of course its easy for me to say that living in The Gap - with Brisbanes top performing state from last year high school in our suburb! :-p

Guest sajith
Hi guys,

can you help us. what do you think about Brisbane Grammer ( Boys) and Lakes College in northlakes.

Archived