Serious question asked by 7 year old. Help needed.

Dawny

Ok this is serious, sensible answeres only please!

My little boy is very worried, That christmas ends in the uk, That when he is in oz there will be no such thing, as its hot and not cold wet and dull! So after a long talk i thought all was going well untill my 4 year old pipes up wanting to know how father christmas will find us, and will there be twinkly lights and christmas trees:no:. So im begging all you wonderfull peeps to help me out on this one, ( even thou we won't be there this xmas and hopefully will by next! long way off i know) to help reasure the little one, As i feel its all going down hill from here.

i will even click your chicks for you, i promiss,:notworthy:

Luv Ellie Kyle and Aimee XXX

tHANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS IMPORTANT NOTE DAWN X

Hi Ellie Kyle and Aimee,

Father Christmas finds all good boys & girls all over the world, so you have no worries about that. :cute:

And as for Christmas decorations, you can still have them...I have read on other threads that some familys go out on drives looking at all the houses decorated with the twinkling lights etc...

Check out this site: Christmas Down Under - Australia - Kids holiday stories - Kaboose.com

Hope this helps you all.

Kelly.:smile:

My daughters tooth fell out whilst in Ibiza one year, so we wrote a letter in spanish to the tooth fairy so she knew where she was!!! Worked a treat.

At least you won't have the language problem!

lol

Guest aussiewannabee

They still have christmas in oz little fella, cos if they didnt i would be out of a job ho,ho,ho

Ok this is serious, sensible answeres only please!

My little boy is very worried, That christmas ends in the uk, That when he is in oz there will be no such thing, as its hot and not cold wet and dull! So after a long talk i thought all was going well untill my 4 year old pipes up wanting to know how father christmas will find us, and will there be twinkly lights and christmas trees:no:. So im begging all you wonderfull peeps to help me out on this one, ( even thou we won't be there this xmas and hopefully will by next! long way off i know) to help reasure the little one, As i feel its all going down hill from here.

i will even click your chicks for you, i promiss,:notworthy:

Luv Ellie Kyle and Aimee XXX

tHANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS IMPORTANT NOTE DAWN X

We were in Australia for Christmas, and I see santa on his sleigh high in the sky and I quickly jumped into bed, when I woke up there were all my pressies !!! So i know he comes to Aus as I've seen him with my own eyes and he comes to Aus before he comes here to England !!

'J'

Guest mandisfam

Hi Ellie, When I first went to Oz it was about 3 weeks before christmas and whilst it was 30 degrees outside it did in a strange way feel christmassy. The shops still play all the same music that they do here and the shopping mall's where full of Santa things and Santa's grotto was great, loads of fake snow everywhere, elfs and Santa himself.

I have sold it to my eldest who is 5 that she will get her christmas presents before her friends back home in England, and she is thinks this is really cool. She has yet to ask the question how will Santa find her. But I think I will tell that when she writes her christmas list to him, then to put a note in say she now lives in Australia.

Hope this helps.

All the very best

Mandisfam

hi

it will be hot but santa will come to you before he goes to the uk as he always visits australia first. and yes there are twinkly lights and christmas trees otherwise santa would be very mad!

all the best

sjs

Guest jewels1356

i do know that santa visits moloolabar on the sunshine coast as my friends little children go down and greet him he comes via the sea in ozz

so he will know were to bring your presis as iam sure your a good boy so stop worrying

julie

xx

Hi Ellie Kyle and Aimee,

Father Christmas finds all good boys & girls all over the world, so you have no worries about that. :cute:

And as for Christmas decorations, you can still have them...I have read on other threads that some familys go out on drives looking at all the houses decorated with the twinkling lights etc...

Check out this site: Christmas Down Under - Australia - Kids holiday stories - Kaboose.com

Hope this helps you all.

Hi Kelly,

Kyle says thankyou he feels a little better now, still unsure thou, i think he thinks we are making up stories x

Hi Ellie, When I first went to Oz it was about 3 weeks before christmas and whilst it was 30 degrees outside it did in a strange way feel christmassy. The shops still play all the same music that they do here and the shopping mall's where full of Santa things and Santa's grotto was great, loads of fake snow everywhere, elfs and Santa himself.

I have sold it to my eldest who is 5 that she will get her christmas presents before her friends back home in England, and she is thinks this is really cool. She has yet to ask the question how will Santa find her. But I think I will tell that when she writes her christmas list to him, then to put a note in say she now lives in Australia.

Hope this helps.

All the very best

Mandisfam

thank you so much for your reply, the kids feel a lot better now xx:cute:

hi there, i have been told by many of my friends who have been out there at christmas that yes SANTA does know where to find you, whats even better is SANTA comes to Australia BEFORE HE GETS TO THE UK, so thats got to be even better hasnt it??????.Just think you can be riding your new bike at least 8-10hrs before all your cousins have got their new presants, i am sure where ever you are Santa knows who has been good and who has not, i know my kids are really excited about the thought Santa will come to them first this year as we arrive in Melbourne this year on the 1st of Dec, i hope your children are now reassured, and dont worry there are still all the decorations like here in the uk.

hi there, i have been told by many of my friends who have been out there at christmas that yes SANTA does know where to find you, whats even better is SANTA comes to Australia BEFORE HE GETS TO THE UK, so thats got to be even better hasnt it??????.Just think you can be riding your new bike at least 8-10hrs before all your cousins have got their new presants, i am sure where ever you are Santa knows who has been good and who has not, i know my kids are really excited about the thought Santa will come to them first this year as we arrive in Melbourne this year on the 1st of Dec, i hope your children are now reassured, and dont worry there are still all the decorations like here in the uk.

Thankyou so much, thats a really kind post, he does like the idea of getting all prezzies early:v_SPIN:x

Guest stockies

stockies-albums-my-pics-picture981-ben-olilie-australia-christmas-20000.jpg

Hi Dawn show this to your kids this was my to boys in christmas 2000 in Australia and they had lots of presents aswell......... Santa always finds the good boys and girls wherever they are........

Hi Kelly,

Kyle says thankyou he feels a little better now, still unsure thou, i think he thinks we are making up stories x

Hi again Kids,

Im not making it up, Santa really will visit you over in Australia..if youve been good that is, wont he Mummy...:yes: My little boy knows that santa would find him wherever in the world he is...'Santa just knows'

And as for the decorations, take a look at this then: Christmas Lights - Santa's Workshop Light Designs - LED Christmas Lights Look at some of the houses! LOL

Ive found you another site too, it has links to Santa, and from November you can 'track santa'! Now tell me it isnt true!

Koala's Christmas Pages-comprehensive site on everything Christmas. Christmas in Australia

Take Care,

Hi my little boy was the same when we had a fmaliy holiday to SRI Lanka. He was worried that Father Christmas would not visit.

We gave Santa the address of the hotel we were staying at and he wrote to him. Also closer to the time you can track Santa online ( forget the website just google closer the time) The website shows you where he is up to delivering all the presents and OZ is defo one of the places he visits. So no worries there. If i can remember the site will PM you xx

stockies-albums-my-pics-picture981-ben-olilie-australia-christmas-20000.jpg

Hi Dawn show this to your kids this was my to boys in christmas 2000 in Australia and they had lots of presents aswell......... Santa always finds the good boys and girls wherever they are........

love the pickie thankyou hun xx

I think writing to or emailing Santa is the best idea for letting him know your new address...

Santa letter, Christmas cards or birthday card from Santa Claus

Also as the other have said Santa will actually bring present to you in Australia before your friends in the UK..... you might not be in Oz this Christmas....but in a couple of months you can track him across the world as he delivers presents to kids (and parents and grandparents) all over the World....

NORAD Santa Tracker at Northpole.com

My little girl loves to watch Santa on his sleigh crossing the world delivering presents......

Hi my 7 year old is exactly the same and is very logical and the logical answer is Australia are hours and hours in front of us so therefore Father Christmas gets there first and comes to England 2nd!

And logically if he gets there first they probably get the best presents as we get whats left over!:biglaugh:

Guest nareyclan

Dawny

The NORAD thing, Rachel mentioned, is fantastic I wouldn't concider a Christmas Eve without it. The kids (even the ones on the cusp of believing or not) love it and it gets them to bed on time. There is games and fun galore leading up to the day and a count down to take off for the big guy in the reds suit.

As a very young boy my mum and Dad were £10 poms and I remember Santa trawling the streets on a fire engine leading upto christmas eve and on Xmas day going to the beach. FANTASTIC. Now thirty years on I can't wait to get my kids there for the same experience.

Hope this helps

PS 108 shopping days to go.

Archived