You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Dawny

some usefull info! possibly.

Ok whilst sitting here looking for something to do, we went to our little faithfull google tool bar, Whats good about that you may well ask:wacko:

if you type the area in australia you are thinking of living and then type map, (I.E Bundaberg map) you will have all your usuall links, ok! click on the google map at the top.

Then click explore this area, and click street view, you will have a little man on the map with a picture of where you are standing, you can then take him anywhere, you can see shops houses the roads and parks. i will stop waffaling on now and go back to my map!!!

Come on it deserves a click on my chick!!!:wubclub:

• Like 1

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

thats brilliant, never knew you could do that, dont think im ever going to get anything done today now...

Claire x

23/11/08 skills ass passed. 24/11/08 online 175 applied for. Feb 09 NBV reg'. 14/05/09 CO assigned 11/06/09.

Visa granted 16-7-09, flew out Sept 10- now living the dream and loving it, Whoopy

thats brilliant, never knew you could do that, dont think im ever going to get anything done today now...

Claire x

probably not, ive been on it for what seems like hours x

Guest JNR

Hi Dawny,

Got caught up in it myself yesterday! Very addictive. My sister lives in Pakenham (where we are heading 5th October), and for some reason all the streets around her were active except hers!

JNR

Guest Pinhead

That's very cool. I think it's all filmed from cars at street level which is why there aren't any pictures in the pedestrian areas.

You're right you could spend hours looking at that!

Hi Dawny,

Got caught up in it myself yesterday! Very addictive. My sister lives in Pakenham (where we are heading 5th October), and for some reason all the streets around her were active except hers!

JNR

it is very addictive but fun all the same:chatterbox: how many hours do you spend looking around?

Guest JNR

too many!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when I am supposedly working from home................

Here's a picture of the Google car taken the other week in our local Tesco car park. That tall thing sticking out of the bonnet houses 4 cameras.

I couldn't beleive it as hours earlier I had been looking at street views around Adelaide.

Googlecar.jpg

Howard, Maria, Jamie and Sam

Guest Ms_Fi

They don't have the area we're moving to (it's a tad rural) but we did find the tattooist in Glendale we both use :D