Who can beat my mozzie bites.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

There is one thing that I do tend to get neurotic about though - and that's the gentle buzz of a mozzie - it sends shivers down my spine. I suffer really badly from the bites of these little monsters, and at the last count had 14 bites on my person including another one on my eyelid....can anyone better 14

Guest earlswood
There is one thing that I do tend to get neurotic about though - and that's the gentle buzz of a mozzie - it sends shivers down my spine. I suffer really badly from the bites of these little monsters, and at the last count had 14 bites on my person including another one on my eyelid....can anyone better 14

B****** :swoon: make that 15

Guest earlswood
You need soothing ma boy!!!!

ohhh and talk of the devil..you added to the dare thread right????????

keep watching!!!

Would you like to rub some anti-histimane cream in for me Jo.........sorry it's not the type you can lick off:twitcy:

OH YEH WE CAN.Just come back from the holiday from hell in BODRUM TURKEY,My o/h has wait for it 74 AND I HAVE 40, AS SOON AS WE GOT OFF THE PLANE WE RANG OUR LOCAL GP, BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT LATER FOR THAT DAY.HE GAVE US SOME HYDROCORTISONE CREAM its been fantasic, put it on morning and night stops the itching and yellow puss stuff are's have been awful and with my O/H a diabetic he has to be careful, we also took some benadrl tablets and its relieved it all.We have been home noe 10 days and they are virtually gone hope i have help you there are really not nice are they, mine were so bad my leg had started to go purple half way up, it is 90% better try it honestly, I have wrote a review on trip advisor about the Medisun hotel in BODRUM(DATE 27TH AUG WE ARE CALLED BUXTON2OZ) GO READ IT IT WAS the holiday from hell

Guest cantwait

Only the one thing!!! LMAO!!!!

Seriously though - they are horrible. I had rings of them round my ankles when I went to St Lucia one time and they all went septic. Don't know how many there were, but the only relief I got was when I had them in water.

I'm like you - I attract mozzies, bees, wasps etc. I got stung by a bee once on my face just below my eye and it wasn't a pretty sight!!

Get some calomine lotion on them.

Karen

x

Guest stockies

I can beat them !!!!!!!

Wot would ya like me to beat ya with ???????

A stick or a Baseball bat......LMASO

Only joking !!!!!!!!!

Guest earlswood
OH YEH WE CAN.Just come back from the holiday from hell in BODRUM TURKEY,My o/h has wait for it 74 AND I HAVE 40, AS SOON AS WE GOT OFF THE PLANE WE RANG OUR LOCAL GP, BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT LATER FOR THAT DAY.HE GAVE US SOME HYDROCORTISONE CREAM its been fantasic, put it on morning and night stops the itching and yellow puss stuff are's have been awful and with my O/H a diabetic he has to be careful, we also took some benadrl tablets and its relieved it all.We have been home noe 10 days and they are virtually gone hope i have help you there are really not nice are they, mine were so bad my leg had started to go purple half way up, it is 90% better try it honestly, I have wrote a review on trip advisor about the Medisun hotel in BODRUM(DATE 27TH AUG WE ARE CALLED BUXTON2OZ) GO READ IT IT WAS the holiday from hell

Blimey:notworthy: you win.......I love Turkey and it's a shame if the hotel is bad.

OMG were they actually Mozzies, it sounds like some thing else had a go at you ??? :biglaugh: I have to say that I find this thread quite amusing, Has no one heard of Mossie repellent ? Now days you even get cittronella mozzie repllent that is safe for little kids.

We went to Lanzarote a couple o years ago and i was one huge mozzies bite..they were all swollen...red and weeping..i felt and probably looked like the elephant woman

my OH did comment and say at least once the mozzies had bitten me they were definatly dead after taking chunks out of me:skeptical:

repellant don't work on me:no:

Lisax

Guest earlswood
OMG were they actually Mozzies, it sounds like some thing else had a go at you ??? :biglaugh: I have to say that I find this thread quite amusing, Has no one heard of Mossie repellent ? Now days you even get cittronella mozzie repllent that is safe for little kids.

You can put any repellent on in Oz...you can even wear a suit of armour....the little ba****** will still get you, they still bite even when you are under water.:shocked:

Guest edie209

Hi all I'm very new here but maybe I can offer some help with the Mozzie problem.

You need to drink tonic water..... yeh thats right it has quinine and when you sweat it the quinine comes out of your pours and the mozzies don't like it. Believe me I get bitten to bits I got told about tonic water by a mate who is in the Marines its what they use apparently but it does work

I found this on wikipedia

The drink gains its name from the medicinal effects of this bitter flavoring. The quinine was added to the drink as a prophylactic against malaria, since it was originally intended for consumption in tropical areas of South Asia and Africa where that disease is endemic. The mixed drink gin and tonic originated in British colonial India when the British population would mix their medicinal quinine tonic with gin to make it more palatable.

one other great thing about tonic water is Tonic water will fluoresce under ultraviolet, due to the presence of quinine. In fact, the sensitivity of quinine to ultraviolet light (UV) is such that it will fluoresce in direct sunlight.

Guest earlswood
Hi all I'm very new here but maybe I can offer some help with the Mozzie problem.

You need to drink tonic water..... yeh thats right it has quinine and when you sweat it the quinine comes out of your pours and the mozzies don't like it. Believe me I get bitten to bits I got told about tonic water by a mate who is in the Marines its what they use apparently but it does work

I found this on wikipedia

The drink gains its name from the medicinal effects of this bitter flavoring. The quinine was added to the drink as a prophylactic against malaria, since it was originally intended for consumption in tropical areas of South Asia and Africa where that disease is endemic. The mixed drink gin and tonic originated in British colonial India when the British population would mix their medicinal quinine tonic with gin to make it more palatable.

one other great thing about tonic water is Tonic water will fluoresce under ultraviolet, due to the presence of quinine. In fact, the sensitivity of quinine to ultraviolet light (UV) is such that it will fluoresce in direct sunlight.

Tried the tonic water....don't work, tried the garlic, tried all the repellants...no good :dull:

You're obviously just too sweet, Earlswood :cute:

Sue xx

You Joke Sue but Mozzies do like some peoples blood more then others, I learnt the other day that in South America Mozzies bite in the early evening where as in Africa they bite late at night / early morning making method of combating malaria in South America different to that of Africa.

Yes I forgot the Fun part of Mozzie's a valid reason to drink Gin & Tonic!!!

You Joke Sue but Mozzies do like some peoples blood more then others, I learnt the other day that in South America Mozzies bite in the early evening where as in Africa they bite late at night / early morning making method of combating malaria in South America different to that of Africa.

Yes I forgot the Fun part of Mozzie's a valid reason to drink Gin & Tonic!!!

LOL Craig it is a good excuse to drink the old G&T's even if it doesn't work...we drank them alot when we went to Kenya on holiday (back in the day when we had some money and no kids LOL)

Sue xx

Hi

I was sitting in my car yesterday and a mozzie flew in and bit my right hand twice. Now, despite anti-histamine tablets & bite cream my left hand is severely swollen & sore. I hate the little blighters with a vengence and even with repellent they manage to bite me!

Mandy x

Guest earlswood
Hi

I was sitting in my car yesterday and a mozzie flew in and bit my right hand twice. Now, despite anti-histamine tablets & bite cream my left hand is severely swollen & sore. I hate the little blighters with a vengence and even with repellent they manage to bite me!

Mandy x

Mandy...I swell up with the bites soooo bad, I never ever sleep in the noddy without a sheet over me these days:no: had a bite on "old charlie" once and it aint fun.

Earls last summer I had 30 bites - every single one turned into a blister so I can really sympathise with your fear of dread ... thing is I don't even feel them bite , but the marks are there for weeks. Hubby was working down in madurah and got bit several times through his shirt ... I hate them.

Ali

Guest jimboodee2

I also get biten really badly and they come out like ballons filled with fluid ... yuk!!!

However, I was told that the army guys use avon's skin so soft (blue bottle) as it was really good for mozzies . This year i used it in Turkey and although I did get bitten they were very mild and very few. So if it keeps a few away then its worth it I guess ....

:huh:

Archived