oh my god!!! ive won the visa lottery in record time

Guest sharkie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations and enjoy celebrating

I reckon you must be young and that they want the young ones quicker than us oldies lol

Be very happy in Australia x

Guest sharkie

HI ALL

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE CONGRATS IM VERY TOUCHED , SO SO SO HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR VISA S VERY SOON ,YOU ALL DESERVE IT !!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

as for the question do i think i did anything different to get it so quick i dont think so im just very very very lucky, i still feel so bad to jump over so many i owe you all a pint, hope you get to oz very quickly to claim.

can you all keep a secret, my girlfriend still thinks im just going for a holiday and my visa will still take a few weeks after i get back, and i ll be returning 4/8 weeks later.

i arrive the day before her birthday, so she will find out on her birthday im not going home !!!!!!! all together awwwwwwww

leaving do is saturday in bingley for the shipley folk who live very close if you fancy sharing the good news ,suburban 630 onwards

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE CONGRATS, ITS MAKING ME EVEN MORE AN EMOTIONAL WRECK !!!

GOOD LUCK AND MY FINGERS &TOES ARE CROSSED FOR ALL

CHRIS

Hi all,

I have just found out how they decide who gets their visa and when................................................................................

Basically there is one circular room in Adeliade. Dotted around the wall is everyones paperwork.

Every day one member of staff gets placed in the middle of the room, blindfolded.

They are then spun around twenty times and whichever visa application he staggers to gets granted that day!!!!!!!!!

(Obviously this is not true but any other theories would be welcome)

:goofy:

Guest hartleys

Hi Chris

Congratulations on getting your visa (i hope it is chippies that are rushed thru)!!!

Have a great lifer down under, im sure your girlfriend will love her birthday pressi

HI ALL

can you all keep a secret, my girlfriend still thinks im just going for a holiday and my visa will still take a few weeks after i get back, and i ll be returning 4/8 weeks later.

i arrive the day before her birthday, so she will find out on her birthday im not going home !!!!!!! all together awwwwwwww

Blessssss

So Chris how old are you? if you dont mind me asking

Good Luck

Hi all,

I have just found out how they decide who gets their visa and when................................................................................

Basically there is one circular room in Adeliade. Dotted around the wall is everyones paperwork.

Every day one member of staff gets placed in the middle of the room, blindfolded.

They are then spun around twenty times and whichever visa application he staggers to gets granted that day!!!!!!!!!

(Obviously this is not true but any other theories would be welcome)

:goofy:

That sounds exactly like how they do it! Can't think of any other way they manage to do such different dates!!

What we ALL need to do is forget Brisbane, forget Melbourne etc, but move to Adelaide, & get jobs in the GSM & SORT THEM OUT !! I for one (being a very organised/lists sort of person) would love to get my hands on their systems & bring them into the 21st century!

Kath

Guest Patrice

Hi Chris,

That is soooo sweet!

(I hope your girlfriend doesnt know about this site, and reads it on here???)

I am so happy for you, must be the best feeling!

I would also like to thankyou for taking the time to reply to our posts, im sure there is plenty you must have to get on with!

Its people like you that let us know when your visa is granted that can give us all hope!

Ive read people suggestign the fact that you have an aussie girlfriend has helped you, i doubt this, as you probably didnt even put her on the application, is that right?

I jsut ask cos i am an aussie, and im waiting for my boyfriends visa to come through sowe can go home, but we didnt even mention me on the application.... otherwise we would have just gone defacto....

Anyway goodluck with your new life in Australia, Manly is great, we were thinking around that area aswell, but unfortunelty will have to go straight to my parents first..... out Windsor way ...

Guest sharkie
Hi Chris,

That is soooo sweet!

(I hope your girlfriend doesnt know about this site, and reads it on here???)

I am so happy for you, must be the best feeling!

I would also like to thankyou for taking the time to reply to our posts, im sure there is plenty you must have to get on with!

Its people like you that let us know when your visa is granted that can give us all hope!

Ive read people suggestign the fact that you have an aussie girlfriend has helped you, i doubt this, as you probably didnt even put her on the application, is that right?

I jsut ask cos i am an aussie, and im waiting for my boyfriends visa to come through sowe can go home, but we didnt even mention me on the application.... otherwise we would have just gone defacto....

Anyway goodluck with your new life in Australia, Manly is great, we were thinking around that area aswell, but unfortunelty will have to go straight to my parents first..... out Windsor way ...

hi

yep never mentioned the girlfriend, as its still early days i have to have it in my mind that it may not work( im pretty confident it will:yes:) and that i have to move to oz and be happy there with or without her.

Think it wos just luck and that its a very easy application, just me no ties no problems and i think having a great agent helped

and for those who wanted to know im 34, with 16 years as a carpenter and lately site manager , also experienced in disaster management & raising money with over a year running &helping rebuild after the tsunami in thailand . Also a diving instructor . maybe all this helped who no s ???

thanks again all :) back to the packing saying goodbyes and leaving do s

unreal, im still in total shock and all around me too:jiggy:

chris

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Chris,

When I read what you said about not telling your girlfriend till you get there brought a tear to my eye, that is really sweet, she will be over the moon.

CONGRATULATIONS, you must be so pleased your ticket is now for one way.

Take care and hope you have a very happy life together in OZ.

Andi.

Guest The "legdes"

Well I recon its because you're a nice guy and have done some good things in your life - you know like Earl and Karma !! - keep up the good work !

hi

yep never mentioned the girlfriend, as its still early days i have to have it in my mind that it may not work( im pretty confident it will:yes:) and that i have to move to oz and be happy there with or without her.

Think it wos just luck and that its a very easy application, just me no ties no problems and i think having a great agent helped

and for those who wanted to know im 34, with 16 years as a carpenter and lately site manager , also experienced in disaster management & raising money with over a year running &helping rebuild after the tsunami in thailand . Also a diving instructor . maybe all this helped who no s ???

thanks again all :) back to the packing saying goodbyes and leaving do s

unreal, im still in total shock and all around me too:jiggy:

chris

Hi Chris,

Where abouts in Thailand were you? My friend Phylippa was in Khao Lak working with NATR round that area & the Andaman Islands. We used to live in Ao Nang in Krabi years ago so it was close to our hearts.

Jaq

Guest sharkie
Hi Chris,

Where abouts in Thailand were you? My friend Phylippa was in Khao Lak working with NATR round that area & the Andaman Islands. We used to live in Ao Nang in Krabi years ago so it was close to our hearts.

Jaq

hi jaq

small world, i worked in khao lak as a divemaster before the tsunami, luckily i was in Nz when it happened, unfornunatly lost some diving buddys. went as soon as i could after it happened working for 4kali and tsunamivolunteer centre, was building houses boats schools ,diving and beach clean up.

changed my life so so very much and my whole outlook on it,one of the reasons im leaving this sad old country.

chris

hi jaq

small world, i worked in khao lak as a divemaster before the tsunami, luckily i was in Nz when it happened, unfornunatly lost some diving buddys. went as soon as i could after it happened working for 4kali and tsunamivolunteer centre, was building houses boats schools ,diving and beach clean up.

changed my life so so very much and my whole outlook on it,one of the reasons im leaving this sad old country.

chris

Hi again,

I just spoke to Phylippa to see if she knew you, she wasn't sure as surnames were not commonly known to her. She asked if you knew Stephan (a Belgian guy) who set up Thaikea? She used to spend a fair amount of time in a bar called Scuba Scooby. She got there in the Feb after the Tsunami so the chances are your paths have crossed. I will dig out a photo & send it to you.

Jaq

Guest sharkie
Hi again,

I just spoke to Phylippa to see if she knew you, she wasn't sure as surnames were not commonly known to her. She asked if you knew Stephan (a Belgian guy) who set up Thaikea? She used to spend a fair amount of time in a bar called Scuba Scooby. She got there in the Feb after the Tsunami so the chances are your paths have crossed. I will dig out a photo & send it to you.

Jaq

hi maybe

i didnt get there until end of march, did know of the guy stephan he and thaikea became quite famous, i worked on the boat shed with scott. then alot for an american organisation set up for a young girl lost, worked with her sister alot 4kali.org.

spent most of my evenings in the fisherman and skabar

chris

Guest sharkie
all the best Sharkie from sunny Keighley down the road

lol sunny in keighley as if !!!!! infact i dont think theres anywhere dry today, makes me question my decision so much more this weather !!!! as if !!!

leaving do in bingley (suburban 630)saturday if you fancy putting up with someone gloating lots and probs lots of tears n cheers :jiggy:

thanks for the congrats

good luck

chris

Guest ashmalog

what was the name of your co? i hope they become mine!!! we have been waiting 2 months now and the waiting is killing me - hoping to get the visa after xmas but house still not sold.

congrats on ur visa though - i am not jealous really - not. start ur new life together and enjoy the spring sunshine in oz.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Sharkie

sorry a bit of a belated congratulations.........whoohoooo

4 months:swoon:

good luck, when do you leave?

lou.

Archived