When should we sell our house?

degs

I,m just about to submit skills assessment, going in as a residential officer, been told that we should have no problems passing skills test due to qualifications, as we are five points short we must invest £40.000 into an oz Government investment account, to do this we need to free up equity, does anyone have any advice on when we should put our house up for sale? all views will be appreciated.

Guest sandersfamily
I,m just about to submit skills assessment, going in as a residential officer, been told that we should have no problems passing skills test due to qualifications, as we are five points short we must invest £40.000 into an oz Government investment account, to do this we need to free up equity, does anyone have any advice on when we should put our house up for sale? all views will be appreciated.

Hi there

Newbie to this forum, we submitted our skills assessment on 6th Dec 06 to Engineers Australia and got the letter today, hubby has passed the qualification assessment! javascript:emoticon(':D')

We are also 5 points short for the Subclass 136 visa and we are planning to invest £40,000 into bonds, we are planning to remortage our house to release the equity in our property to fund this, providing you can afford the higher repayments in the short term this seems the best less drastic option than to put the house on the market!

Had better get busy over the weekend to start filling in the visa application.

Good luck & best wishes

Louise

Guest BullCreek_Bob

G'day

Could you increase your mortgage in the UK by the 40,000UKP and keep your house, renting it out and have the tenant pay your mortgage? If you can, this may be your best option.

Then at some point in the future when you're sure you want to make Oz your home permanently, you can sell your place in the UK and buy over here. I guess I've seen a few people go back to the UK because they just couldn't settle here, between selling up in the UK, moving pensions etc, then having to sell up here and go back it makes it a VERY expensive "learning opportunity".

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Archived