Pickfords v Crown

T-bone

I’m in the process of arranging quotes from removal companies. I have had both Pickfords and Crown sales reps in for their “Survey” and they seem to both be in the same ball game. The figures quoted for a 20’ container are approximately £4,000 - £4,500.

Anyone used either of the above, if so whom would you recommend? I personally cannot make up my mind between the two of them and would welcome any advice.

Thanks

Guest KP Nuts

Hi T-Bone, we had a guy from Doree Bonner in today, he was very good, (head office in Kent) I let you know their price when we get the quote.

KP Nuts

Hiya T, we have Crown coming tomorrow to give us a price. We had another company out last week they were recommended to us by our agents, they come to you and then go and to shippers for prices and come back with the quotes, apparently they do not use any cowboy type people and because they give these companies alot of work the prices are very competitive, I shall let you know the outcome of both.

Decisions Decisions Good Luck

Great stuff - Thanks Kim!

I must admit, I was impressed with Crown, but equally as impressed with Pickfords. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of all the quotes, when they're all on print.

Wanted down under is about to start (I've gotta watch all things Aussie!!)- I wonder how many PIO's are going to be watching it!??

Guest The York Clan
Thanks KP Nuts. That would be great. Are Doree Bonner "point to point" or do they use an agent/associated company on the other end?

Doree-Bonner use Grace's for deliveries in Australia (or at least in Melbourne). Grace's are owned by Crown.

Guest KP Nuts
Doree-Bonner use Grace's for deliveries in Australia (or at least in Melbourne). Grace's are owned by Crown.

Yes they do use Grace, but I've heard good things about them, unless someone can tell me different, please....................

But there again Pickford use a sub contractor in Oz, so I've been told.

KP Nuts

Guest julie2g1b

hiya we had loads of quotes crown was £4.100 the most expensive and our

lowest was doree boner at £3,100 big difference this is for a 40ft container

we are going with john mason £3,300 that is door to door wrap and pack

plus unpack other end. As not going yet until house sells may have to get

another quote but they are holding that price for 6 months.

good luck

julie :wubclub:

Hi Julie, We havent had any quotes back yet but your prices for 40ft container are good. The fella who came to ours reckons we need a 40ft, why did you go with John Masons over the other people?:wubclub:

Guest julie2g1b
Hi Julie, We havent had any quotes back yet but your prices for 40ft container are good. The fella who came to ours reckons we need a 40ft, why did you go with John Masons over the other people?:wubclub:

hiya

well hubby wanted doree as cheaper but i had not heard of them but may still use them if john mason put prices up as money is tight so if can save somewhere then great.

the reson i chose jm is the chap that came out was the nices of the lot giving us loads of tips i.e if you have draws in beds or cupboards fill with pillows or soft toys light things really to save on space and in washer. on there quote did say would have had to pay extra for delivery as they ship from freo to perth there depo, and free within 30 miles. but we are out of that so showed the quote of doree emailed it them and matched it so was happy all in all the customer surport has been brill, and our friends have just used them and are very pleased.

julie :wubclub:

Thanks for the info Julie. I think I'll give John Mason a call too. I chose Pickfords and Crown as they seem to get the most recommendations. I'll see how Kim's quote shapes up with Doree Bonner before calling them. £3100 for a 40' container is a HUGE differnece from £4000 (ish) for a 20' container.

KP Nuts - I've been asssured by Pickfords that it's door-to-door (had letter today from the Aussie side to confirm). Although I'm going to double check it from what you've said.

T

Guest scots-in-oz!

We have Crown coming to pack our stuff on 29 & 30 Sept. We too were between Crown & Pickfords, but Crown reduced their price & the dates suited us better. We're £4,450 for a 20ft container, that's door to door, including everything but insurance. They have also given us the first £5k of the insurance cover free.

I watched WDU too, makes me want to get there even sooner!!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Hi T-Bone, my friend in Oz told me to steer clear of Crown, don't know what the issue was but I am using a local company, their quote was around the same as the others and thought for this last bit of the journey, the local company's may as well earn out of me. Best of Luck with the move.

Sue

Hi Sue! Thanks for the heads up...what local company are you using? I'd be really interested to know why your friend advised you to steer clear.

Mags - After watching WDU I want to move to Victor Harbour for sure!! I'd previously dismissed SA, but now I'm not so sure.....(doh!) You're right though. I just want to get there now!

T

hiya

we are using Weston and Edwards, they have an office in Celmsford no: 01245 493912, hope it helps. :wideeyed:

I will try and find out about Crown but she just said she hoped I wasn't using Crown.

When are you hoping to be off?:spinny:

Sue

hiya

we are using Weston and Edwards, they have an office in Celmsford no: 01245 493912, hope it helps. :wideeyed:

I will try and find out about Crown but she just said she hoped I wasn't using Crown.

When are you hoping to be off?:spinny:

Sue

Thanks for the number Sue. I'll call them tomorrow.

I have a reccie booked for October, but not actually moving until February (once I decide on where to move). When and where are you hoping to move?

Tx

hiya T

We are going to Perth. OH got a job there. Hope we get on OK. We should be going before end of year, just waiting on the house, its up for sale and for Rent.

Did not have to make a choice, I think its a bit of luck really!:goofy:

Hope you enjoy your reccie!:jiggy:

Sue

Thanks Sue - I'm getting really excited and looking forward to the reccie.

My best mate is moving to Perth on a state sponsorship. He feels the same (and I agree with him) as he doesn't need to make any decisions. My first choice has always been Sydney, however the house prices prevent me from moving there. I've looked at Adelaide and Melbourne, but decided against them, now I've narrowed it between Perth and Brisbane (Sunshine Coast and Mandurah/Joondalup).

The whole decision making process is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news for you on Perth - before the end of the year too....You'll be there for summer which sounds great. We'll have to keep in touch if I end up in Perth.

Tx

Good Luck with the BIG DECISION. :arghh:

Must admit, I liked the look of Sydney but as you say, the expense may be just that bit too much (a lot).

I'm determined we are going to give it a good chance and you never know what is round the corner.

The kids are looking forward to it too! :jiggy:

If you end up in Perth you will have to get in touch and we will have to have a Bar B on the Beach!

Take Care

Sue x

I’m in the process of arranging quotes from removal companies. I have had both Pickfords and Crown sales reps in for their “Survey” and they seem to both be in the same ball game. The figures quoted for a 20’ container are approximately £4,000 - £4,500.

Anyone used either of the above, if so whom would you recommend? I personally cannot make up my mind between the two of them and would welcome any advice.

Thanks

Hi we had Gb Liners today and from start to finish they were great, very proffesional and friendly. They packed everything up 100 %.They also were great with the kids too.

The container is off on its way to sunny Perth.

I highly reccomend this company,a couple from down my road were using them and they were very impressed! Needless to say that i was too.:yes:

20ft container cost £3600, well worth that extra £100,

Vanessa

Guest nicolasteve

We used Pickfords and they were very good. Everything went as planned they packed every thing really well. Great bunch of lads they were even happy to squeeze in a few things that we were just going to give away. Just keep them topped up with cups of tea and biscuits!! This end everything fine the lads from pickfords just came in and put everything where we wanted it. Obviously they didnt empty every box as i preferred to open them myself and put stuff away as i went rather than have everything all over the place, but if you want them to they will empty evrything for you.

Thumbs up for Pickfords from me!!

Thanks Sue - Look forward to the barbie (hopefully). x

Britts - Gb Liners sound like a good company, especially as they're recommended twice over. Do you have a number for them? I'll Google them in the meantime.

Nicolasteve - Thanks for the thumbs up on Pickfords. At the moment, going from my initial question, it looks as though Pickfords are the most recommended, therefore the better of the two companies.

Once again thanks for all the info guys. I've been given some great companies by recommendation, which in my books is the best form of advertising! It would be great if anyone else has any other feedback - The more information I can gather the better.

T

Archived