IT Sales Sponsorship

Guest watty

Hello everyone

This site is fantastic. I am looking to make the move to Melbourne as soon as is humanily possible.

Does anyone know of any IT related companies who would consider sponsoring me. I currently work in IT as a sales manager and have done for the last 7 years. A total of 12 years in sales and i am finding it hard with regards using skilled visa route as i do not have a degree or diploma - it is all on the job experience.

Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

Keith

Hi everyone

Krista, I for one found your post insightful, I also think that everyone elses' posts were saliant too.

Choobs, sorry you're finding it hard to get a job, just keep on trying, something will come up, for sure.

I too was looking for work for a while but I had to wait till we got my son settled into school and knew where we were going to be living. I then started to look for work, albeit of a part time nature and had about 12 telephone interviews, went for about 6 interviews and got offered one job which I rejected as it was an hours traveling each way and I have kids, so not suitable for me.

I then got an job in December, it's part time, 2 days a week doing HR administration (my line of work) and it's 15 mins down the road, it took me 6 weeks to get a job, but I managed to get one that is right up my street so perserence does pay off.

I think the workplace here is a hard market to get into first off unless you are sponsored and you will have to take a step backwards and a pay cut at first, my hubbie is going to have to redo his electrical qualifications here to get a contractors licence just to get work which will be about a 10 week course, so not looking forward to that I can tell you.

I have found that the Aussies are very helpful and friendly and really do want the UK skills, they are just very particular about what they want. I would take a job, even if it's not what you really want just to get on the ladder and keep looking around, it's easier to get a job when you are in a job so they say!

It's not all doom and gloom, December/January is terrible for job hunting so don't bother as everyone is on hols/been on hols/going on hols, etc and they don't really look for new people around this time, it starts to pick up again in February so keep trying.

I'm not preaching to anyone at all, just telling it how it is!

Hope this does help and doesn't put anyone off coming to Australia at all.

Jackie

Archived