$£$£ Assistance From Employers?

emmaj

I was wondering what kind of financial assistance people get from Aus employers to help them relocate?

I know ever job offer / employer will be different but i was just wondering if anyone would share their experience? Did they pay for your flights? Your partners / familes flights? Shipping costs? Visa fees? Rental fees? etc etc.

Many thanks

Emma

x

Guest cbr1100XX
I was wondering what kind of financial assistance people get from Aus employers to help them relocate?

I know ever job offer / employer will be different but i was just wondering if anyone would share their experience? Did they pay for your flights? Your partners / familes flights? Shipping costs? Visa fees? Rental fees? etc etc.

Many thanks

Emma

x

I for one got none but then what do you get in the UK?. Do they pay your mileage, recompense your day off work. If you want it bad enough you pay

cbr...

Guest JoanneHattersley

I came on a 457 with no help at all financially from my employer! I landed on the wednesday and was working the friday!!!

I for one got none but then what do you get in the UK?. Do they pay your mileage, recompense your day off work. If you want it bad enough you pay

cbr...

Oh please dont get me wrong Im more then willing to pay.

I know someone who relocated to NZ and they received money for flights so I just thought i would ask as I wanted to see if this was the norm or not.

Thanks

Emma

x

Guest sheena

hiya, we had, flights, container, hotel at airport, and 3 weeks accomodation when we arrived, all visas, medicals etc paid for!

sheena :wubclub:

Guest guest17301

Hi,

When we first looked into migrating I was offered a job in Queensland with $5000 relocation assistance but we turned it down as we decided Queensland wasn't for us (for various reasons) We then started looking at Perth and as far as I know (in my field of nursing) not many employers are offering anything at all. I'm not really sure why some do and some dont? Anyway we are still coming and I start my job in January. Just got to save the air fare now!

Guest DonUnder

I'm very lucky in this regard. I'm geting all flights paid for. All visa related fees paid for and being done via a very good agency Shipping (if required...I doubt i'll use it). 2 months paid accomodation in Sydney CBD. The only other thing i'm hoping to get out of them is a yearly return ticket to the UK (won't be too disappointed if they don't offer that).

I don't think I have much to complain about really :D

I'm getting an allowance of $15,000 (for a family of four) which I can spend on any relocation related expenses. They would have sponsored me for PR and paid visa fees aswell but as I'd already submitted my own visa application months before there didn't seem much point.

Archived