register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

emmaroo

How lucky are we??

Hi Guys

I am not trying to take the shine of anything or dampen anyones mood but after watching Gerry Springer's episode of " Who do you think you are" it has really put into perspective just how lucky I am to have this opportunity to make a better life for me & my family.

I never really had a lot of understanding or knoweledge of just how evil Hitler & his regime were and i was appaled by what i learnt having watched this programme and i know that never even scratched the surface!

I will never take for granted the 2 minutes silence on Rememberance Day again as i now understand just how much the soldiers from around the world risked to liberate us and in turn allows us to endevour on our dream to a better way of life!.

Sorry if i have offended or upset anyone but this was something i just had to get out my system!!!

Emma

x

Lang may yer lum reek!

I watched it just yesterday Emma and, like you, realize how lucky we are to live in the times that we live in. It was one of the more moving ones although they often do show us the privations that our ancestors had to put up with and we, from our positions of comfort, security and safety can have no inkling of what it was to live their lives. Genealogy is another of my passions and I have found some crying moments in my own history too.

Guest fabadababa
Hi Guys

I am not trying to take the shine of anything or dampen anyones mood but after watching Gerry Springer's episode of " Who do you think you are" it has really put into perspective just how lucky I am to have this opportunity to make a better life for me & my family.

I never really had a lot of understanding or knoweledge of just how evil Hitler & his regime were and i was appaled by what i learnt having watched this programme and i know that never even scratched the surface!

I will never take for granted the 2 minutes silence on Rememberance Day again as i now understand just how much the soldiers from around the world risked to liberate us and in turn allows us to endevour on our dream to a better way of life!.

Sorry if i have offended or upset anyone but this was something i just had to get out my system!!!

Emma

x

Hi Emma

I couldn't agree more - I was almost in tears watching him learn about the fate of his family. Real shocking, unbelievable stuff. It does make you realise how lucky we are to have all these choices and the ability to give our children wonderful childhoods.

It certainly makes you put your own problems into perspective!

Guest kazmatt

dont think we have had that one here yet, but we watched the one with david tennant (dr who) the other night and it was quite fascinating as he traced his ancestors back to northern ireland, i learned a lot about why all the trouble went on, a great program, look forward to watching the jerry springer one.

I saw that episode Emma and I had a huge lump in my throat. So very sad. :sad:

Sue xx

"You Can Tell A Yorkshire Lass, You Just Cannot Tell Her Much "