Carpentry and Joinery in Brisbane ?

Guest ALVA

Hi There, We are a family heading out in June and have allowed ourselves 4 weeks in accomodation before hubby finds a job and a house to rent probably further up the coast preferably. Does anyone have experience in carpentry jobs ? If so are these easy found and what is the pay like as I have to stay at home with the kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gough-Ray's

Hi, my OH is also a carpenter and from what I have seen so far on my searches, is that it is approx $30 per hour.........

• 2 years later...
Guest jamesmck

Hi, ime also a joiner. I have the same querys as you regarding pay and Job availability. Ime going to brisbane on a 12 month working visa, hoping to stay permanently to work as a joiner. Any information you recieve can you forward to me please, vice versa, thanks

Guest jamesmck

Hi, ime also a joiner. I have the same querys as you regarding pay and Job availability. Ime going to brisbane on a 12 month working visa, hoping to stay permanently to work as a joiner. Any information you recieve can you forward to me please, vice versa, thanks :notworthy:

Guest alan r

regarting your questions on carpentry jobs and wages. well i am a carpenter and have been her since june last year,i am returning home in may as there is a shortage off work here in brisbane. i have done about 5 full weeks since xmas,done everything to get a job ,signed on with agensies,put up cards in shopping centres and spent 2 days driveing around brisbane asking at sites !!!!!!!!!! if you r lucky to get a job you will get anything from 25 to 35 a hour,also most jobs require you to have a carpentry licence,which will cost about $1200.in my opinion if you have a job in uk stay there for now till things pick up,i love liveing here but you cant live on fresh air alone,lucky my wife is a nurse or we would be in the s**t. sorry to be the bringer off bad news. but i would rather you know what is in front off you,and dont want people to struggle like i have. remember this is just advice,and if you do come to aus,good luck and hope your dreams come true good luck alan r

Guest brooksey

I agree. Iv'e been here since Sept and only worked 6 weeks. I know other Carpenters who have worked even less. As iv'e said on here before, if you have a job in the Uk then stay put for a while. You never know though, you could get lucky. Like people say ,you never know till you try but if i had had a job in Uk i'd deff stay put. What ever you choose good luck

Archived