Female friends in Melbourne

Guest pj

A shout out to all girls from the UK now living in and around Melbourne.

I'd love to make some new friends to add to the group I have (mostly Kiwis, one other Brit and a few Aussie guys so far) and set up a regular weekend lunch get together or meet up for a drink to share our war stories.

I'm 39, attached, live in Fitzroy and work in South Melbourne. I have two high maintenance cats but no kids and have some weird and wonderful pass-times ranging from DJing to sewing and wine-tasting (and drinking) to scuba diving so I'm not fussed about making friends with younger or older girls, providing you're up for having a laugh, have something to say and happy to take turns organizing meet-ups.

Let me know who's interested in getting involved and I'll suggest a venue and date over the next couple of weeks, especially as spring is around the corner.

C'mon girls, we can all go on a big blind date together :o)

Pj

Guest The "Biscuits"

Hi PJ

I arrive next week and will be interested in girlie meet ups, I am slightly older than you, married with 1 daughter - hope to be in the vermont area.

I have girly meet ups now and know I will miss them - once every 2 months lunch and every Jan we spend the day at a spa - getting pampered and putting the world to rights.

so count me in

Debbie

hi pj my name is tess and i would deff be looking to meet up the only problem is that i will not be there untill jan. but after that count me in! im a little younger than you but i dont think that would matter i have one son aged ten and the fact that i would be going from working full time and a range of freinds to knowing no-one and having no job scares me more than moving itself!!! keep in touch tess xx

Thanks for the responses so far.

Keep checking (for those who haven't arrived yet) as I'm sure we'll be up and running when you get here.

Pj

I'd rather wait till a few more reply as I know some don't often check the website so how about meeting up in the last week of September, maybe a Thursday.

If anyone works in the city or fancies coming in for a few drinks, maybe at Transport or somewhere near Fed Square, I'll finalise the date and venue a little later.

Pj

• 5 years later...

Hi PJ

I was just looking through POMs In Oz probably a few years later than your post lol, just wondering if you were still looking to meet female buddies, I live over at St Kilda East, Ive been here over two years but looking to meet new friends

Mel

Hi PJ

I was just looking through POMs In Oz probably a few years later than your post lol, just wondering if you were still looking to meet female buddies, I live over at St Kilda East, Ive been here over two years but looking to meet new friends

Mel

hi Mel,

you probably won't get a reply as this thread is so old.

best start your own thread, maybe in gettogethers section in general chat?

Archived