Glue ear help

Guest graham$nic

Guest graham$nic

Hi my daughter is 22 months old she had a hearing test last year and they said she had fluid on her ear drum so we have been back another year on and its still there so the lady says she has glue ear even though she has no prob in hearing talking etc.........she says she need refering to ear nose and throat but i phoned today and the lady has not even sent letter out yet for the GP to get the ball rolling.We have been accepted by the TRA and visa application on its way the nurse says we wont see a consultant for at least 2 months and if she need opperation another 6 months should we go private any advice would be great thanx in advance.

The Kent family

If it's any consolation, my daughter passed the medical with the G.P. haing full knowledge of her needing a third set of grommets and a tonsilectomy. Having moved here about 4 months ago, she is due to have the operation at the end of January and I am really impressed with the health care she has received so far.

Glue ear is one of those childhood things that may actually improve here with the weather. If it is her only problem, I would be shocked if it held you back in any way...

If you need further affirmation, my husband had also had MAJOR heart surgery at the age of 31 and the only enquiry that arose there was a light hearted comment when the staples that now hold his breast bone together showed up on his chest x rays!!! :wink:

hi krista

hope you dont mind me asking but do you have private medical ins for your daughters op or is she having it on the oz nhs? lots of people over here in uk keep saying you have to have private ins etc.

Also how are you finding sanctuary lakes ? i've been looking on web it looks lovely,theres a possibilty of hubby working at toyota in altona as he works for them now. are you renting or have you bought yet?

so many questions sorry :)

thanks for any advice sam

Guest gail.crease

Hi. I was due to get my visa this month but they put it on hold until after my 3 month old baby's operation on 29th Jan to remove a blockage from a kidney tube. Apparently it's a common problem in babies and there is a 95% success rate but they still deferred the visa pending the results of the operation. The worst case scenario is he loses a kidney but the other one is fine. I'm not sure what they are expecting and what would constitute him failing the health assessment. Other people have got through with far more serious problems. Fingers crossed on all counts.

Regards

Gail

Archived