£20000

Guest tan&craig

Guest tan&craig

Hi to all,

my husband and I have heard from lots of people that you have to have £20,000 in the bank to emmigrate to oz???

does anyone know if this is true???

cheers

Tan

Guest goengnmatawot

Hi there we have just sent of our independant skilled visa 136 and there is no question anywhere on there where they ask you to have x amount in the bank, although they do ask how much money you are brining with you. Hope this helps

Johanne

Guest tan&craig

thanks for that we are in the process of doing my husbands tra as a plasterer and it takes ages as he is self employed

tanya

Guest spray21

Our form had a section where it asked how much we intended to bring with us. I don't think it was a factor in their decision though.

I believe there are particular visas to do with investment or retirement and for them part of the requirement is bringing a certain amount of cash.

For skilled visas, or employer sponsored, or marriage, your bank balance is not such a big deal. I don't think you need to worry!

Guest cosworth123

hi tan & craig,

i have a small drylining company here in the uk and from my oz knowledge i know solid plasterers are in demand but make sure on your trade application you give a very indepth account of your working history as i got turned down at first. as you may know the main construction out there is timber frame with the majority of plasterboard being taped and jointed. feel free to drop me a line, heading for melbourne early 2007 newmandrylining@hotmail.com

as regards to your question i believe there was no stipulation on a bank balance of £20,000 to qualify.

regards richard

hi we filled in the 136 skilled permanent residency visa and it does ask how much are you intending to take,I think its mainly so that you can keep yourselves for a couple of years if need be,so you cant claim any benefits.I might be wrong!!!!!

Hi to all,

my husband and I have heard from lots of people that you have to have £20,000 in the bank to emmigrate to oz???

cheers

Tan

On the Contributory Parent Visa you have to pay an amount that adds up to about £20,000 (or just under), but this is for parents who want to join their children in Oz. Maybe this is where you got that figure from?

Guest cosworth123

has anybody put a small sum of say $25,000 on the form and been rejected on these grounds :? we have had our visas validated and no- one at passport control asked to see my bank statement when i went into oz :!:

regards richard

Guest jeffandmichelle

hi tan and craig

im a spread and just got through the tra at xmas

ive heard most wet trades are in perth but could be wrong

also read theres a lot of monocouche style external finishes one coat scratch back,

dont rush the tra part of the app as its supposedly the toughest part,

there was a question about how much money your taking

Hi to all,

cheers

Tan

Hi, i have been sponsored by a company and am going on a 457 visa and didnt have to fill that part in about how much to bring so it all depends on the visa type applying for. Hope this helps.

Lynne & Family

Hi,

I know that if you don't have enought points you can invest some money in I think it's Aussie Bonds or something, the money I think stays there for a couple of years. I'm not sure how much it is or what it equates to.. but this may be what it's talking about.

Ali

Guest pleasant jo
Hi to all,

cheers

Tan

hi im a joner ,but because i hadnt got 3 out of 4 years recent work experience i can only get 115 points so i have been asked to pledge $40000 into an ozy government bond for 12 mths . to gain an extra 5 points. You do get interest on your money(little) and it is always accessable, however you will loose 5 points if pulled out in the irst 12 mths.

maybe this is the £20000 you've heard about.

Archived