Sign in to follow this  
Guest goengnmatawot

Exporting motorbike

Guest goengnmatawot

Can anybody give any advise on exporting a motorbike, do you need to own the bike for 12 months before exporting

Thanks

Will

Hiya you have to have owned for 12mth otherwise you get taxed on the value ,you also pay a tax on the value when you arrive ,hubby looked into this before we moved as him and son had bikes ,he said it was too expensive when you add all the hidden extras,so with afew tears shed he sold his beloved 2 wheels ,if you want to pm i can get him to send you the answer in more detail as i have sent him out to work (whilst i play on ere).He has bought a 2nd hand bike out here to commute on! (he thinks im daft) and was amazed you have to pay a % of the value when you register it in your name,not sure what bike you had but in his words''no one pulls the pin '' and they havnt seen wheelies ,BUT the police are out in force and its very easy to be done for speeding,hope this helps

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest goengnmatawot

Thanks Cal for taking time out from your sunshine to answer my question.

Many thanks

Guest yorkshirelard

we were wanting to bring our aprilia factory over, but could not get a letter of compliance from aprilia australia, stating it is not specificaly made for oz?!! not a happy bunny. if your bike is older than 1989 it will need a letter of compliance. Mark

but in his words''no one pulls the pin '' and they havnt seen wheelies ,BUT the police are out in force and its very easy to be done for speeding,hope this helps

Cal x

Don't really know what you mean by "no one pulls the pin" but if it means opening the throttle he must be kidding! Don't know how long you've been here or what it's like in Qld. but here in NSW, the throttle is opened most of the time. You just have to know where the police are and that takes a couple of lost licences!! Motorbikes are very popular. Many children are "weaned" on them. There are many junior motor bike clubs as well as adult ones. As far as wheelies are concerned my boys and their mates used to have competitions in our street. My eldest has bought his son and daughter an off road bike so that he can teach them to ride. He got himself one as well because, as he has his own mechanics business, he can't afford to lose his licence anymore!

If you follow the Moto GP and World Superbikes you will know that Australia has had its fair share of World Champions. They don't just happen. It's a result of riding bikes, opening the throttle and sometimes doing wheelies, for most of their lives.

What i meant by that was the lads hes found to 'play' out with and ones you see driving around are pretty tame compared to the antics in the uk,i understand theres a big police presence around here so that could be it,i know they must be out there somewere ,as for wheelies we havnt seen any,, maybe they save it for track days ,,can you suggest any meets or places to go ,,thanks for upping my faith in bikers,

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

What i meant by that was the lads hes found to 'play' out with and ones you see driving around are pretty tame compared to the antics in the uk,i understand theres a big police presence around here so that could be it,i know they must be out there somewere ,as for wheelies we havnt seen any,, maybe they save it for track days ,,can you suggest any meets or places to go ,,thanks for upping my faith in bikers,

Cal x

Sorry, can't help you for Qld, but if you were in NSW I no doubt, in consultation with my sons, could come up with a long list. Have you tried googling bike clubs in Qld. I'm sure if you contacted one of them they would tell you where to ride without joining a club.