Update in my latest quest to get out of UK

AnxiousMum

OK, for those of you interested in my boring/stupid life I have an update.

In my quest to find easiest way to OZ (has to be 457 visa unfortunately) I decided I may have a better chance of getting in New Zealand!!!! I sent hubbies details to this company who are building this huge town called Pegasus near Wellington. I liked the look of it so thought what the hell so sent hubbies C.V. off to this company who deal with visa etc, similar to Migrant agents, but called something else in New Zealand! Anyway, got reply saying they were so impressed with his C.V. and experience that although they cant guarantee a job/visa they are more or less saying we will have no problems getting permanant residency. Then several days later got another email from the people of Pegasus who are looking for people to fill jobs and people looking for houses to be built at this new town. They said they are so confident we will be successful getting into NZ and securing job that they dont charge for service.

Now is the question, this seems to good to be true does it not? Am I missing something here. Only thing I am seeing is a way to Australia, OK it will take us 2 years to do it but hey we can wait. So anyway got really excited that there might be light at the end of the tunnel only then to find this horror website about people who have had really bad experiences in New Zealand when they have moved. These stories range from bullying in school to being ignored by neighbours, having people tell you to F**k off home, (but in a threatening way, not a laugh in any way) and finally the crunch came for me when read that most people think NZ is great for people with health probs and asthma because of the clean air. Appparently not the case as the houses are built so badly with no insulation, heating that in winter people end up in hospital or worse because of their health deteriorating really badly. Houses in NZ apparently have mold growing and are really damp, and unless you have lots of money to spend on building your own house and stating you want heating etc you would be a fool to even think of NZ.

So back to square one again, will have to wait and see and hope when we send hubbies C.V. to potential employers in late Jan someone bites and wants to meet him when we have rekkie in March. :arghh:

I know you are all asleep now, sorry for rant, had to get it off my chest.

Thanks for listening.

Guest guest17301

Hi Anxious! What does hubby do? We looked at NZ first but I'm glad we chose Oz. I think NZ sounds lovely but Oz sounds better. I have heard similar things about the housing but you never know unless you've actually been. You have to take others experiences with a pinch of salt though, for every person with a bad experience there will be another with a positive one. I say stick with plan A. If you're meant to go you will x

Hi

Just that we have friends who moved to Wellington 3 yrs ago and they came back for family reasons but are now going back to NZ for ever.

They loved it and their opinion was that quality of life was much higher there, they can't wait to go back.

I just offered to find out more info from them for you if you needed / wanted it

Sue x

l think once you become a New Zealand citizen you are allowed to immigrate to OZ from there. Large numbers of people immigrate from New Zealand OZ every year but few Aussies immigrate to New Zealnd. Wages and employment opportunies are lower in New Zealnd because its population is much smaller then OZ and it does'nt have OZ's massive mineral and mining wealth. Also OZ has a warmer climate. Some people say they prefer New Zealand because they want a cool climate with green countryside but Southern NSW, Victoria and Tasmania in OZ has this also.

Guest Karen K

My friend a midwife loves NZ with a passion, she says its not only beautiful, but the people are really friendly, towns and cities are clean and very little crime mentioned. Dont give up on NZ hun it could be the best move and if not OZ is not far away. Wishing you all the very best in what ever you decied nice%2B1.JPGxx

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Anxious Mum,

I'm a Kiwi (when it suits me lol) - am appalled by what you have read on that website, I can promise you that it is not the case at all and NZ is a great place - it has it bad points, but nothing like what you have mentioned above. Anything you want to know just pm me.

x

Guest Sam&Si

Me again Anxious Mum, have sent you a reply to your pm but also wanted to show you these to show that NZ isn't all bad! This photo is of my local beach (well used to be anyway!) - and these beaches are the norm in many parts of NZ....

Archived