Sign in to follow this  
Guest claire&fred

A huge hands up to Pickfords

Guest claire&fred

We used Pickfords to send our stuff to Oz.

As their container did not fit down our drive, they came with different size lorries for 3 days, with 3 really great blokes. On the 4th day they emptied everyting into our container, which left the UK on 4 July. It arrived here in Perth on 5 August. Had cleared customs and quarantine by 15th and was delivered to us today the 20th.

Just want to say they come very highly recommended. Only one thing broken but that was something that customs had removed, but it was worthless, so not too bothered. Three blokes arrived at 11:30 and were done by 2:30. They unpacked all the big, heavy items e.g. suite, tellies, beds and tables, fridges etc.

So if anyone is looking for a company to use as far as we are concerned they were excellant. They kept in contact with us all the time and always returned calls straight away. They also take all the boxes and wrapping away.

The fact that our container arrived in 4 weeks after we were told 7-9 was brilliant.

Just thought you might be interested to hear a good view.

Claire

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Glad to hear you've had such a positive expierience with them! I am just about to sort out shipping and will get a quote after reading yout views!! Hope you enjoy unpacking all your treasured possessions!!

Guest prettyinpink

Hiya Claire. I had pickfords recommended to us by my brother who used them for his move to Perth. To be honest we didn't get any quotes off anyone else, we just got them to come and give us a price. It's always nice to hear recommendations from other people so thanks, it's given me even more confidence to use them x

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Claire, glad to hear everything has arrived ok, well apart from one thing. So it's christmas in your house at the moment then.......... lol

Have fun unpacking.

KP Nuts

Guest claire&fred
Hi Claire, glad to hear everything has arrived ok, well apart from one thing. So it's christmas in your house at the moment then.......... lol

Have fun unpacking.

KP Nuts

oooooh yes. Although have not packed toys just yet. Will not move in property until weekend as still got beds to build and make and still boxes everywhere.

The XBox arrived safe and sound along with the aquarium. My sister and I were unpacking boxes and Fred was setting all his fish tank up and checking his precious XBox was all intact.

Claire

Guest claire&fred
Glad to hear you've had such a positive expierience with them! I am just about to sort out shipping and will get a quote after reading yout views!! Hope you enjoy unpacking all your treasured possessions!!

Hi

Just to also let you knew. Pickfords initially came and quoted us back in October and their quote was approx 4500 pounds. When they came and re-quoted us back in May it had dropped to 4300. As the moving market is so slow at the moment they dropped the price as they are desperate for the jobs. We paid 4200 pounds all in for a 20ft container.

Claire

Guest KP Nuts
oooooh yes. Although have not packed toys just yet. Will not move in property until weekend as still got beds to build and make and still boxes everywhere.

The XBox arrived safe and sound along with the aquarium. My sister and I were unpacking boxes and Fred was setting all his fish tank up and checking his precious XBox was all intact.

Claire

LOL, you mean to say his not testing it out yet just to see if it works over there, lol

So did the fish make it alright then :biglaugh::biglaugh:

KP Nuts

Guest nareyclan

Claire

That is so reassuring. the company hiring me use pickfords. let's hope we have a similar experience to you.

how have you settled in?

Guest taffy 62

We used pickfords many years ago and have also used them for all our interstate moves in Oz.

Cant fault them they are great, we are using them for our next move back to victoria.

Best stick with what you know as they say if it aint broke dont fix it!

Hi Claire

Thanks for this post, just spent last few weeks getting quotes from 5 different shippers and Pickfords were one of them. They were in my top 3, so its nice to have a good bit of feedback from someone who has actually used them, think they might move to the top of the list now!

TRA /02/2008 TRA passed 14/03/2008

Visa 18/03/2008 PCC 24/04/08 Meds 7/7/08 Meds finalised 30/7/08. VISAS 25 AUGUST 2008 FLY OUT 10/11/08!!!!!

Guest Karen K

Great news Claire as we have booked Pickfords and they are due next week................its all mad in the house now, sorting stuff out for the fourth time, i started last year !!! XX

Guest YellowGecko

I think Pickfords are rubbish! :realmad:

They couldn't even be bothered to get back to us with their quote, so we won't be using them.

In fact, out of the 8 or 9 companies I have contacted, only TWO have been of any assistance, thus far... Grace and Chess.

Guest Karen K

They couldn't even be bothered to get back to us with their quote, so we won't be using them.

In fact, out of the 8 or 9 companies I have contacted, only TWO have been of any assistance, thus far... Grace and Chess.

I do hope Pickfords look at this site and therefore learn from what you say. However sometimes its worth ringing them back as they may have taken your number down incorrectly:wubclub:X

Guest claire&fred

Sorry to hear that. I think I have seen another thread on here where someone was not happy. You are based here in Oz is that right? Maybe the Oz side of Pickfords is rubbish? Although we have been in touch with their Melbourne and Perth branches and cannot fault their service, and living in the UK bad Customer Service was always a norm for me, so they have been an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Whoever you chose, hope they are good.

Claire

Guest jonseywife

Hiya

We used Pickfords too.................. could'nt fault them. Not one thing broken!!

They rep who came round to give us our quote explained that because we had alot of stuff to bring over, some companies tell you they can get it all one container, to keep the price lower and get the job. Then on the day, you cant always get it in one container and they sting you with another bill for shipping more stuff over.

So they gave us two quotes, so we are prepared. One for 20ft container and another, if we needed a bit more of another container.

On the day the blokes who came to pack everything up worked really hard to get everything in one container........... there literally was'nt an inch to spare.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Good luck with the big move..........