Stuck on TRA - DO I Apply or NOT?

Guest markfitz

Guest markfitz

Hey Every one,

At the min ive started to collect all the relevant info for the skill assessement however, im not to sure if i have the right amount of experience to be successful.

Im an Electrician i started my career as a sort of apprentice in 2000, finished in 2003. does my apprentice period class as experience, as from what i gather you need so much work experience.

Any help would be fantastic?

Guest The.Colebecks
Hey Every one,

At the min ive started to collect all the relevant info for the skill assessement however, im not to sure if i have the right amount of experience to be successful.

Im an Electrician i started my career as a sort of apprentice in 2000, finished in 2003. does my apprentice period class as experience, as from what i gather you need so much work experience.

Any help would be fantastic?

Hi Mark

Firstly, I've emailed the Stat Dec wording over to you.

I am not too sure about your question but someone on here should be able to help you out.

Have you sought the services of an Agent? I am sure that some / all of them offer a free one off meeting to establish what your chances are of being entitled to a visa so it might be worth you looking into this.

Karen

Guest JARHEAD

hello, this is my first time on hear, just registered. Didnt want to until had ans from TRA. Im a HV Sparks of a sort I work for the LEB, as fitter. I did a four year apprenticeship and am just at the end of my fourth year out of my time. I think u need to look at the skilled pathways table, I dont think u fit in anywhere on it. However as it seems you are a domestic sparks, I think those pathways are for any level of electrics above domestic level as to obtain 16th edition can be done in 3 weeks (some courses). I would give it a go anyway fella, get all ure certificates, documents, job sheets task instructions, the first hand out they gave u on ure first day of ure course include everything everything. get photocopied and all signed and varified by a lawyer include state declarations for anything unvarifiable or written by you to describe your work. Include the smallest details day to day activities, If you can get references from instructors and managers at work DO v.important ( failled me the first time on that). For the sake of the 300 bucks its not much, if u dont get accepted they will tell u what u then need to get accepted, They even rung me back at 6:30 in the morn to tell me what i was missing ( all it was, I needed any employer reference or a state dec to cover it if u dont want youre employer to know) The worst they can say is no you need go and get, good luck

Guest markfitz

Hey jarhead,

i did a sort of apprenticeship for 3 years, got my electrical papers, and ive been working 4 years post apprenitceship in an industrail environent.

i have also just completed an Honours Degree in Mechatronics part time as well as working, would TRA want to know about this as its got nothing to do with being an electrician.

Thanks Mark

Guest JARHEAD

YES mate include it in the other trade training section. Tell then everything, the more they see that u can do the better, shows diversity as they say. Try to get documented proof of your 4 years out of your time. i.e. date on trade papers time of qualifying with employer ref saying in work from till present. Now I sound like a dunce whats Mechatronics? fella

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

so in my case having done an apprenticeships in electrical/mechenical engineering then an onc in electrical/electronics but have been of the tools for 5 years in a supervisory role could i go back to college and get some general electric skills ie 16th ed- installations ect and use the course time to document my experiences whilst on the course and send that to the tra?

cheers Ian

Archived