Sign in to follow this  
Guest davilou

job prospects for gas service engineer (B-GAS) in south aust

Guest davilou

I am a sevice engineer for b-gas,does anyone know of any employment agencies,utility companies for my line of work.would be grateful for any web sites/info

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Mark&Justine

Davilou

If you do find websites regarding employment for Gas Engineers, can you pass on to me please, my hubby is a Gas Engineer, he too worked for British Gas, but has since left, I think we are heading different part of aussie to you, we are heading to Perth,

I am sure you will have no problem with work

Good Luck

Justine

Guest samantha davies

Hi did either of you manage to find any agencies as were moving to Perth and carnt find any agencies, it would feel a lot less stressful if we already had some basic info on my husbands employment. We dont even know how much he should expect wage wise.

Sam

Guest Warren

I have done some research on this as I am also an ex British Gas engineer looking to migrate to Adelaide. It would apear the boundary between gas fitter and plumbers is not as clear cut as in the UK and I am expecting to spend at least one year in part time education to get the relevant Australian qualifications and licence to trade. During this time in Adelaide anyway you can expect to earn $20 per hour rising to $30 per hour once qualified. If you chaps know anything different please pass it on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jgt
        Hey there after having no work in Perth i came to The Uk .My family are still in Perth and im trying to get back there, so as to get my kids through school, 3 years left. Does anyone know if a proffessional resume is beneficial or a waste of time.The Aussis love the word "'Qualified'" let me know your thoughts. Im in construction and aquired my builders diploma, and other stuff, first aid, asbestos, work at heights .If anyone knows a good resume writer please advise. I fancy a career change too so anyone with an opening , drop me a line.PLEASE stick to topic.
        Regards  
      • By amit so
        i want visa how can applying for visa
      • By The_Kennedy's
        Hi, 
        Thinking of moving to Aus with my family, my current position at home is Gas Operations Manager, running large contracts within the domestic gas industry. Could anyone advise how I would go about finding the same or similar lines of work in Aus? 
        Thank you in advance. 

• By DonCan
        Hello good person and thank you for your interest in my humble topic.
        My other half is an art historian, specializing in East Asian art and...even more arcane...she has a penchant for Chinese ceramics of the Middle Ages. 
        The arrival of our daughter has forced us to think long and hard about our collective future and we're seriously considering emigrating to Australia.
        Our visa application is 50/50 as her skills are not on any shortage list, but besides that our concern is that of her job prospects.
        She has a PhD (Doctorate) and five years post-qualification experience lecturing.
        We accept that sacrifices will need to be made in the short-term to secure the long-term we want; thus we are not hung up on location.
        If you're in the know about art history, museums, things Chinese and Japanese or the general art scene then we'd love to know your opinion on what her job prospects might be.
        Your feedback is much appreciated.
        Don