Pakenham or dandenong????

Guest JNR

Hi all,

Could someone help with a dilemma please!!!

We are moving out to one of the above two places next month but we dont know which one (cant decide)

Can anyone help with their own views on either of the two places??

Thanks!!!!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi,

Congratulations with the move to Australia, not long now!!

I know both areas, I would definately choose Pakenham over Dandenong. Is there a reason for choosing these two suburbs, ie work or commuting times.

Hi

Thanks for your swift reply.

The reason for these two is that we are starting a market stall in Dandenong but we believe that Pakenham is only 30 minutes away??

Whats your reason for Pakenham and not Dandenong??

Jody

p.s. Have you been to Dandenong market????

Dandenong itself is quite old and the houses around about are old as well. South Dandenong is way too industrial and smelly along Hammond Road. North Dandenong is a nice area and so is Endeavour Hills as you are going to be working in Dandenong much closer for you. Also good bus service.

I worked in Dandenong for 13 years so know it well like the back of my hand. My daughter works there part time now.

The market is good I go there now and again, actually Dandenong is cheap for shopping even in the Supermarkets its cheaper than in other places as there is a lot of competition from the market and lots of other shops selling cheaper produce.

Guest The Pom Queen

Dandenong market is good for shopping and Robs English Butchers is even better:notworthy:

My views on Dandenong are personal and not everyone thinks the same. I think Forgetmenot sums Dandenong up well. How about some of the other suburbs, which are 10 - 15 minutes away. You have Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Berwick, Lyndhurst, Lynbrook.

Good luck with your market stall. It may be worth considering a stand at Caribbean Gardens on a Wednesday and Sunday, it gets really busy Caribbean Gardens & Market you could always have a go at Victoria market in Melbourne but it would probably depend on what you are going to be selling.

WOW!!!!

Such fantastic advice and information from all.

Dandenong and Caribbean markets it is!!

Thankyou very mcuh for taking the time to reply.

See you soon, discounts avaiable on our stall!!!!

WOW!!!!

Such fantastic advice and information from all.

Dandenong and Caribbean markets it is!!

Thankyou very much for taking the time to reply.

Guest The Pom Queen
WOW!!!!

Have you any thoughts on what you will sell, or will you see what the demand is once you get here. It must be very exciting for you at the moment.

Guest ashmalog

both totally different areas but pakenham would have it for me as quieter. dandenong market is great lots of bargains to be had and the fruit and veg area is amazing, never again would you buy in a super market.

when we went on our reckie we didn't like dandenong as a place to live as appeared old and run down in places (my opinion), not something we want. very busy also with lots of different nationalities.

try looking at other areas as previously suggested as they are nearer to dandenong.

good luck with everything and will hopefully see you on the market - we are looking at narre warren or berwick next year when we get the visa.

Archived