Guest Paul&Lou

Anyone Waiting on 176 Nov, Dec, Jan?

Guest Paul&Lou

Hi trying to gauge time frame and numbers of those still awiating 176 visa from Nov, Dec and Jan. I have seen lots of threads on here with people in Feb and march getting CO and visa. I am interested if like me people are still waiting before that.

Many Thanks

Look forward to replys

Paul&Lou:unsure:

We are waiting from the 14th January 2008, our agent has just advised us to get the meds and police checks done as we haven't front loaded due to the delays.

Hi we,re a family sponsored 176 paper application. Meds/pc,s finalised as of end May 08. Our application was ack 8th Nov07. As of yet no C/O!!!!!!!

Guest Karen K

Shouldn't be long now guys. I think front loading meds and PC helped our 176 come through quicker, just an idea. Hope you have some good news soon XX

Guest bailey

Hi,

We applied for 176 Visa (family sponsored) sent 14th December 2007 and Ack 14th January 2008. Meds and Police checks sent April 2008.

We are paperbased via an agent (Thinking Australia).

Our agent originally told us we should have case officer by May but then changed this to July/August and again changed saying could be October. I Do not think they have any better idea of timelines then we do.

House sold and contents in storage (using Anglo Pacific) using a 40ft container and shipping to Perth at a cost of £6500.

Looking at moving to Perth Oct/Nov time.

Guest SarahandJon

Hi,

We applied for a 176 family sponsored visa in September, had a case officer since May and are still waiting! When we check the application on line most of the 'received' items have changed to 'met' so surely it can't be much longer! We are now planning on going over on a tourist visa and waiting for it over there. The house is sold and the dog has his quarantine space booked so we've decided to take a gamble and just go!

Sarah & Jon x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Bailey

In your shoes, I would be inclined to ring up the ASPC and ask them what they reckon the timelines are like at the moment.

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

I gather that Heidi at TA has gone to Oz and that Darrell Todd has been ill recently:

Australian Migration Forum - Viewing a forum

They may not want to be bothered with a lot of queries at the moment but the ASPC should be able to advise, I would have thought.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Paul&Lou
Hi Bailey

In your shoes, I would be inclined to ring up the ASPC and ask them what they reckon the timelines are like at the moment.

I gather that Heidi at TA has gone to Oz and that Darrell Todd has been ill recently:

They may not want to be bothered with a lot of queries at the moment but the ASPC should be able to advise, I would have thought.

Best wishes

Gill

Gill,

we phoned ASPC last week and the person we got was no help at all they just quoted what was in the weekly ASPC processing email they would not comment on our application. Is this normal or did we catch someone on a bad day?

Paul&Lou

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paul & Lou

Twinsmom65 is the person to ask! She is applying for a 176 visa, sponsored by WA. If she (Karen) wants to know something she picks up the phone to the ASPC and seems to be able to get her questions answered fully and politely:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/twinsmom65.html

Have a look at her threads and posts too, I suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest bailey
Hi Bailey

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Your reply has got me a bit worried, are you saying that we should have had a case officer by now?. I know there are still several applicants in Oct/Nov on 176 paperbased that are in the same position.

I was not aware that Darrell was ill. Heidi has gone back to Oz to open up office for TA over there.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Bailey

I wasn't saying anything except that right now, ringing the ASPC yourself might be more fruitful than asking TA to take time out to ring them for you.

I don't know anything about the progress of the paperbased 176 applications myself. Your information about that would be much better than mine.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

Hi folks we applied paperbased 176 in november awaiting co,meds and pcs done in may and finalised waiting waiting waiting!!!!

Hi there, we are paper based october 26th 07 and no c/o rang agent today and said that that we must be soon... 176 yep heard that a few times already!! Our meds have just been frontloaded all clear this end so waiting for tuther end to pick us up..

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Guest bailey

Hi, Just spoke to Oz house in London to see if they had any info on why the long wait. They told me that processing times for paperbased applications were 12 months!!. I thought that their web site stated 6 to 9 months?. But this, I am told was for online applications only.

They comfirmed that we did not have a case officer yet but did say that on the 13th August my file was updated with "ATF" but he did not know what this was. Anybody have any ideas?

176 family sponsored sent 14th Dec 2007, Ack 14th Jan 2008, meds/police done. (using thinking australia)