Anyone from N/East uk emigrating to OZ

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi Fish

thank you so much for all that info, really appreciate it. It has given us loads to think about and its great to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. I also owe you a big apology, I quoted this reply to someone on another site who wanted info on housing in Brisbane and told them all about the fantastic info you had put on this site but mistakenly quoted you as 'Quoll' so HUGE apologies. Both you and Quoll must think I am such a 'barbie'.

lynne

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Fish

thank you so much for all that info, really appreciate it. It has given us loads to think about and its great to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. I also owe you a big apology, I quoted this reply to someone on another site who wanted info on housing in Brisbane and told them all about the fantastic info you had put on this site but mistakenly quoted you as 'Quoll' so HUGE apologies. Both you and Quoll must think I am such a 'barbie'.

lynne

No worries. I read your post and was just thinking "why does she think I would think she's a Barbeque"....and then I finally got it, a Barbie doll :) ....if anyones a barbie it's me :)

• 1 month later...
Guest lovelylass

Hello all,

We are in Stockton on Tees. Would be great to chat with anyone who is still here!! lol

Also keen to chat to the ones already lucky to be there.

Hi there, I am from Blackhall, Can call it Durham, Cleveland or Wearside, worked in Sunderland, we are currently in south of Perth. Love it but got to admit, it's a very lonely place, not that easy to meet mates, would be nice to meet up with fellow north easterners.

Thanks

degs

From Sunny Sunderland and on the first steps of hopefully coming to Gold Coast with wife and 2 possibly 3 kids :)

Looking at agents at the minute so if anyone can reccomend a nice and cheap/good one be very grateful.

So many questions to ask dont know where to begin.

My trade is a welder/pipefitter hopefully I can find a job to make ends meat :) .

Any help or advice greatly appreciated by PM or MSN if any of you use that.

Particularly any other welders or associated trades that can advise on work situation.

I did notice *KAY TEE* Posted about renting out their house in UK can you explain more how this would work I mean is it a case of just covering mortgage at home and is it allowed to be in another country and to still have a UK mortgage or would this possibly hinder any mortgage applications in Oz.

Cheers

Steve

Guest donovan
From Sunny Sunderland and on the first steps of hopefully coming to Gold Coast with wife and 2 possibly 3 kids :)

Looking at agents at the minute so if anyone can reccomend a nice and cheap/good one be very grateful.

So many questions to ask dont know where to begin.

My trade is a welder/pipefitter hopefully I can find a job to make ends meat :) .

Any help or advice greatly appreciated by PM or MSN if any of you use that.

Particularly any other welders or associated trades that can advise on work situation.

I did notice *KAY TEE* Posted about renting out their house in UK can you explain more how this would work I mean is it a case of just covering mortgage at home and is it allowed to be in another country and to still have a UK mortgage or would this possibly hinder any mortgage applications in Oz.

Cheers

Steve

Hiya Steve have a word with Go Matilda, they come highly recommended, here is the link for you Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia

I have just relocated a 1st class welder to the Gold Coast (tony & sheena) on here may be they could give you a little more info.

Good luck

Sarah x

Guest donovan
Hello all,

We are in Stockton on Tees. Would be great to chat with anyone who is still here!! lol

Also keen to chat to the ones already lucky to be there.

Hiya lovely lass, just thought I would say a quick high on here as well, where abouts in Oxbridge did you live, we used to live Balmoral Terrace opposite Ropner Park, and also Malvern Cresent. If you have been there along time I may even know you

Sarah x

Guest snow white

hi steve,

hope you dont mind chatting to a geordie lol were on goldcoast been here 18 months oh gasfitter, our house sale in uk fell through were going to rent but the renters want to buy in 3 months so its hopefully not going to be much longer you will need to contact your mortgage company and get there approval, as for the visas we did our own which is now a 175 is this the same one your applying for? if it will save you a lot of money if its a straightforward application and you can do it yourself pm me if you need any help as i said i did our own application

all the best lesley x

I believe it is 175 skilled if thats the right term,

I would love to save money and do it myself but if I am honest wouldnt know where to start, I have all the paperwork of my qualifications somewhere I think :S

I just assumed that most just used a agent tahts all.

As for being a geordie your fine I have lots of friends that are unfortunate enough to be that way inclined too there is only 2 days a year that I dont speak to them :)

Donovan what do you mean by relocate?

Find jobs schools etc ?

Sounds good how is the welder getting on that you relocated hopefully in work ?

Guest snow white
I believe it is 175 skilled if thats the right term,

I would love to save money and do it myself but if I am honest wouldnt know where to start, I have all the paperwork of my qualifications somewhere I think :S

I just assumed that most just used a agent tahts all.

As for being a geordie your fine I have lots of friends that are unfortunate enough to be that way inclined too there is only 2 days a year that I dont speak to them :)

hi glad you have no objections to us geordies lol and the two days a year are the home and away games i get it !!have pmd you some info too

skilled independent visa permanent residency that is the most sought after type if you have enough points have all your paperwork the forms can be downloaded directly from hereDepartment of Immigration & Citizenship

most of the answers to your questions you will get on this site and you could save yourself around 3,500 to 5,000 gbp

lesley x

Guest snow white
Added you to msn snow white hopefully for a chat about where I begin :)

Saving that much is indeed very interesting.

and im sure we will be having a few of them

steve catch u later

lesley x

Archived