Renting with 3 doggies...HELP ??!!!

Guest jenny4nails

Well I felt like the rest of you "Yes my doggy will defo be coming!" but, he is 7 months and has got through god knows how many shoes, but I forgave him, bless his little furry feet! Then this morning I got up 7.15 to let him out went around the house "deep cleaning!" as we are trying to sell the house so just in case an illusive viewer were to call. Then got back downstairs from scrubbing the bathroom to find my lovely little furry baby had dug a huge whole in the grass and had decided to then run around the living room and all over the furniture and all over my net curtains with his lovely muddy paws arrrgggghhhh!:arghh: I reckon he really in on his final written warning!

Anyone want a 7 month old Labradoodle?

(no not really!)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jaynie
Well I felt like the rest of you "Yes my doggy will defo be coming!" but, he is 7 months and has got through god knows how many shoes, but I forgave him, bless his little furry feet! Then this morning I got up 7.15 to let him out went around the house "deep cleaning!" as we are trying to sell the house so just in case an illusive viewer were to call. Then got back downstairs from scrubbing the bathroom to find my lovely little furry baby had dug a huge whole in the grass and had decided to then run around the living room and all over the furniture and all over my net curtains with his lovely muddy paws arrrgggghhhh!:arghh: I reckon he really in on his final written warning!

Anyone want a 7 month old Labradoodle?

(no not really!)

Yes Cath, but he is so cute, just look at his little face and your Son is so cute too!

My Daughters Dog, (on my Avatar) jumped all over our bed with muddy paws the other week........what can you do, they don't know what they've done do they?:no:

Yes Cath, but he is so cute, just look at his little face and your Son is so cute too!

My Daughters Dog, (on my Avatar) jumped all over our bed with muddy paws the other week........what can you do, they don't know what they've done do they?:no:

Thanks not actually sure which one is the muddiest most times! :wacko:What breed is your daughters dog?

I may be doing that to mine soon just to get him back!!! Do you think all the other doggies laugh at him?

Dont think so took himon the dog beach this arvo had his usual romp its brill there funny theres loads of dogs all off lead have not seen a fight yet , its funny mine had a run in with a gsd when he was 6 months old it jumped him on his lead, in the uk if he saw one he woiuld go berserk and i mean berserk, over here he does not bat an eyelid strange

Malx

Thats good. We let ours off the lead when he was 4 months on our local doggy beach. I say local were talking an hour drive and I say beach very losely its a plain of mud really ! anyway off he went ran up to a collie who promptly bit him on the nose! Not a good start!

Still it may have taught him but I doubt it!

Guest Jaynie
Thanks not actually sure which one is the muddiest most times! :wacko:What breed is your daughters dog?

Hi Cath,

She's a pure Kelpie from a Breeder, they round up sheep and cattle, apparently they originally came from Scotland many years ago. She's brown although they call her Red Kelpie over here, you can also get black and tan too.

Very intelligent though and playful and loyal. So cute.....:cute:

Dont want to burst any bubbles but there are more irresponsible dog owners here in oz than any other country ive been too ,including spain! you never really see owners walking their dogs,grooming their dogs or anything ,we definately treat and respect our animals differntly in the UK.

The pounds are overflowing with stray and unwanted animals ,it is such a shame.We will definately be purchashing from the dogs home when in a position to get another dog,but first i have to stop bringing home all the strays !!

Cal x

Guest yvonne and paul
Dont want to burst any bubbles but there are more irresponsible dog owners here in oz than any other country ive been too ,including spain! you never really see owners walking their dogs,grooming their dogs or anything ,we definately treat and respect our animals differntly in the UK.

The pounds are overflowing with stray and unwanted animals ,it is such a shame.We will definately be purchashing from the dogs home when in a position to get another dog,but first i have to stop bringing home all the strays !!

Cal x

Oh thats real sad the poor things,:no:

if we all got over to oz and the dog warden then decide we cant keep 3 dogs for what ever reason how on earth could you rehome a dog when they have a overflowing problem with strays.

Anyway i had an email from the council in Perth to say they dont take personal objections into account ie, nieboughs dont like dogs it has to be a noise problem or not cleaning up your garden after them. i think none off us responsible dog owner would have a problem as thats what we do now anyway. :chatterbox:yvonne

Guest fatpom

Cal x

Can't agree with you there Cal. :smile: You don't see the number of stray dogs wandering the streets anywhere like you do in the UK.

I admit you don't see people grooming thier dogs but then you wouldn't unless snooping over the back yard fence.

From objective criteria I think dog owners are much more responsible, its rare to see dog dirt on pavements, verges and roads. Its rare to see strays (probably because of the hefty fines)? People don't usually let their dog off the lead in kiddies park areas, walking tracks and recreational areas etc.

its funny mine had a run in with a gsd when he was 6 months old it jumped him on his lead, in the uk if he saw one he woiuld go berserk and i mean berserk, over here he does not bat an eyelid strange

Malx

Aww, Mal...would he be scared of mine, do you think??? LOL

Sue xx

Aww, Mal...would he be scared of mine, do you think??? LOL

Sue xx

Doubt it Sue he is usually nervy about really small dogs:wacko: weve been to Scarboro dog beach couple of gsds and he dint even gorm them. Took a kfc onn for picnic thats a no no next time like flies round sh** they were:biglaugh:

Malkx

aka Billy 6m

Doubt it Sue he is usually nervy about really small dogs:wacko: weve been to Scarboro dog beach couple of gsds and he dint even gorm them. Took a kfc onn for picnic thats a no no next time like flies round sh** they were:biglaugh:

Malkx

aka Billy 6m

Hehe she's a bit bigger than that now, she was only 12 wks old when that was taken. She's a rescue case and someone had thrown diesel oil all over her then abandoned her. How could they do that, if you click on the picture you'll see how gorgeous she is!

She's spoilt to death & really soft. We couldn't come over without her so thanks to Jenny for posting this question xx

Sue x

Hehe she's a bit bigger than that now, she was only 12 wks old when that was taken. She's a rescue case and someone had thrown diesel oil all over her then abandoned her. How could they do that, if you click on the picture you'll see how gorgeous she is!

She's spoilt to death & really soft. We couldn't come over without her so thanks to Jenny for posting this question xx

Sue x

We are movin out of this rental in 6 weeks ish and have to go with all the rigmarole again there are quite a few lets who say pets negotiable if it dosent specify no pets always ask cos some will allow them to get the dosh if they stipulate outside dogs take a chance but when inspection time comes get a good hoover

Malx

aka Billy 6m

Sue x

Poor baby what complete and utter Bas****s she is gorgeous. I used to have a german shepard and a german shephard/collie cross. They were lovely too. I have also had a blue Great Dane gorgeous he was but we had to have him put down on Boxing Day :cry: Hence now we have muttley the dark destroyer!

Guest stacimbrown
Paul

You obviously never read my post - I was getting at the dog owners - not the dogs - the fact that the dogs are thick as two short planks is not their fault - they are only as intelligent as their owners who train them - after all they only learn from their masters

By shouting shut up I am shouting at their so called masters who are supposed to have some intelligence - not the poor dogs - believe it or not it works - the dogs are taken inside which is probably what they wanted in the first place and peace prevails! Whose the intelligent ones then?

I knew I would get a reaction!!!!

Well if you are saying Paul obviously never read your post then maybe you should read mine again! I am not asking for better treatment over the Aussies however we have gone through a migration process and yes it has cost us alot of money apparently Australia are crying out for my husbands trade so i think its not to much to ask if they are trying to get us into the country that the facts are explained alittle better. We were not made aware of any of these things and believe me I have researched alot, so I dont think its too much to ask to give people alittle more time and actually understand what a costly move it is, and maybe you should get off your high horse and realise that me and my family are bringing skills to Australia. I dont understand your comment about leaving people behind irrelevent i thought and If you making a point that we should have left our dogs to save expense I dont what business it is of yours hell maybe we should have left the kids as well but then you would have approved of that.

People like you really annoy me we are a family we are responsible with both our kids and dogs and maybe you should move it a big field in the middle of nowhere and let everyone get on with their lives the world is not a silent place. Just to add as well I take it you havent got kids and were never one yourself or were you chained up in the house and never allowed to play in the garden please read your post again and understand why you have annoyed people.

Why some of you feel you have to personally attack me because you don't like my response I don't know. I shouldn't have to defend myself from personal attack on this forum however will say I have a wonderful son who can't wait for me to join him and I have also had a dog in the past that I adored. I too have skills that I will take and I'm sorry if you aren't able to comprehend my comments re people having to leave family behind.

I sympathise with your problem but going by your reaction and personal insults to me, you would probably be one of the first to complain if you were only allowed three dogs when in Britain, but immigrants coming in could bring four, hence my response to you.

Yes I may be sarcastic, yes I may be less tolerant that I used to be, yes I may say things with my tongue in my cheek but if you and others can't post and argue your case without making personal attacks and insults about me, i.e., , about whether I should get into Australia, about the neighbourhood I live in, about my family and how I treat them, etc, when you know absolutely nothing about me, then I wouldn't bother.

I find your post (and another's) insulting and unacceptable.

Liz

Guest Karen K
IF after 54 years of living, you stand in the back garden shouting at dogs who can't understand you then you are clearly a slow learner Liz.

As for neighbouring houses without kids and dogs try the MOON, I have been told monisteries have a nice walled and gated enclosure, try one of these.

Paul

Well said Paul :) I really miss my doggie now :(

It is a problem finding accommodation with animals and with the shortage of rentals obviously the landlords prefer people without animals and sometimes children as well. This is because the few bad tenants have made it hard for the good ones.

On another forum a lady in QLD had been asked to get rid of her goldfish I could not believe that and still wonder but who knows if they take it to the letter.

Where I live on the Mornington Peninsula you can have three dogs but it depends on the area you live in and you have to have a special permit for the extra dog. I am allowed to have three cats here because we live on acreage. If you live on normal block its only two. Our cats and dogs all have to be registered and cats kept on block 24/7 and there are plenty of people waiting to complain if you don't. We never see a dog around without its owner as the rangers are very strict and it costs a lot if your dog is collected by them. Dogs and cats have to be desexed to get the low registration fee and if people elect to have an entire dog then its pretty expensive for registration.

Farmers will shoot any dog that appears on their property so we have to be very careful when living in the country that dogs are not allowed to roam.

We do not have a tick problem in Victoria but anyone going to live in the warmer climbs its a problem for animals.

We all love our animals but we cannot assume everyone else does and have to respect that.

Certain breeds of dog here in Victoria are required to be muzzled when taken out for walks so best to check with council to see what each areas rules are.

In Port Melbourne they council took DNZ of dog poop to prove a particular owner was letting dog poop on the pavement and proved and taken to court.

They are getting serious in Aus about dogs and cats these days and I think its a good thing because there are two many people who buy pets on a whim.

One of my cats is a stray that was found at the local school and she was in terrible condition when I got her and it cost us a lot of money to get her healthy again. So cruel people.

I have two dogs and two cats at the moment.

Next dog will be from greyhound rescue if I get another one.

:smile:

Thanks Forgetmenot for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive response which covers concerns from both sides of the fence. This should provide some reassurance to owners wishing to take their dogs over and also provides comfort to those who've experienced first hand the problems associated with dogs that are owned by one or two individuals who are incapable of looking after them and are concerned that things could be worse in Oz!

Responsible dog owners and a responsible government - that sounds good. I'll not withdraw my application after all!

Many thanks

It is a problem finding accommodation with animals and with the shortage of rentals obviously the landlords prefer people without animals and sometimes children as well. This is because the few bad tenants have made it hard for the good ones.

On another forum a lady in QLD had been asked to get rid of her goldfish I could not believe that and still wonder but who knows if they take it to the letter.

Where I live on the Mornington Peninsula you can have three dogs but it depends on the area you live in and you have to have a special permit for the extra dog. I am allowed to have three cats here because we live on acreage. If you live on normal block its only two. Our cats and dogs all have to be registered and cats kept on block 24/7 and there are plenty of people waiting to complain if you don't. We never see a dog around without its owner as the rangers are very strict and it costs a lot if your dog is collected by them. Dogs and cats have to be desexed to get the low registration fee and if people elect to have an entire dog then its pretty expensive for registration.

Farmers will shoot any dog that appears on their property so we have to be very careful when living in the country that dogs are not allowed to roam.

We do not have a tick problem in Victoria but anyone going to live in the warmer climbs its a problem for animals.

We all love our animals but we cannot assume everyone else does and have to respect that.

Certain breeds of dog here in Victoria are required to be muzzled when taken out for walks so best to check with council to see what each areas rules are.

In Port Melbourne they council took DNZ of dog poop to prove a particular owner was letting dog poop on the pavement and proved and taken to court.

They are getting serious in Aus about dogs and cats these days and I think its a good thing because there are two many people who buy pets on a whim.

One of my cats is a stray that was found at the local school and she was in terrible condition when I got her and it cost us a lot of money to get her healthy again. So cruel people.

I have two dogs and two cats at the moment.

Next dog will be from greyhound rescue if I get another one.

:smile:

Hi

We had an old racer from rescue in the uk great dog but you have to house train them funny at their age all that about exercise old bugga just loved to lig out on the settee all day

Malx

aka Billy 6m

Hi, have a read of the property I have just posted in Golden Bay - W.A. I am renting this house but need to move back to Melb. The owner was more than happy for pets, as long as a bond was put down - you may just have to pay extra for their council regos. The area of Golden Bay / Secret Harbour / Mandurah is a fast developing area with lots of new estates being built -plenty of opportunity for a brickie that's for sure!! This area has lots of ex pats and is still only 45 min drive to Perth City. Get back to me if you are interested!!! The rent is really cheap for the area, and it will be a beautiful place for you to buy in the future.

Regards, Cathy

Archived