police checks and medicals

Guest devilishdeans

Guest devilishdeans

Have just recieved acknowledgemnt that my 136 visa application has been recieved and my credit card has been debited.

I have recieved my police checks and am thinking of booking in for our medicals in the next month or so.

Is there any benefit in sending these before they have been requested?

I have noticed on the ausi time line site that people are doing this. But on the acknowledgment letter it says not to send further documents unless instructed. :?: :?:

Guest spray21

You can "front-load" your medicals (send them out early) if you want to, there are pros and cons.

Pros: Your application may be processed sooner

Cons: There is a chance that medicals may not meet up with rest of application; The earlier you send them the sooner your '1 year' starts (first entry date is usually one year from when you had your meds/police checks done); Potentially they may refuse your application and you would have spent the money for nothing.

We did frontload ours and it caused no problems and our visa was issued quickly, but that is just our experience and it doesn't go like that for everyone. Do what you think is best for you - good luck!

Archived