Guest moonraker1961

Should we worry?

Guest Pinhead

Must be all the mad brits moving over there.

I think this will probably be one story I choose to ignore?!!!!!

If people can't get in to Australia then train to be a psychiatrist!! Guaranteed entry!

Fibrous Plasterer (dryliner) MODL 4412-11 - AQF3/Pathway E TRA sent 8/4/09 passed 6/5/09 - 175 visa lodged 2/6/09 - Medicals received 4/4/11 - Police checks uploaded 3/11 - More work evidence sent 14/6/11 - APPROVED 16/6/11

Hi Mel,

To put your mind at rest - One in four of us will have some sort of mental health problem in our life. This means there are millions of people in Britain who are either encountering problems themselves or know someone else who is experiencing them.

Hope that helps ease your anxiety (just a little lol) !

All the best,

Nikci

PS: haven't seen you in chat recently!

176 (family) visa lodged - 7/3/08 CO assigned - 18 Nov 08 VISA GRANTED - 29 Jan 09... arrived 7 June 09

Guest EvieB

I read somewhere that Australians are amongst the happiest (and healthiest in terms of living longer) people in the world. Only the Japanese have a longer average life-span. And as Nikci points out, in the UK it is one in four of us that suffers!

Not in the least bit surprised. We have a very high incidence of mental health problems especially in high school and college - there has been a noticeable increase in even the past 10 years and cutting - self harming has reached almost epidemic proportions, mainly with girls but boys are also beginning to do it but they usually self harm in other ways.

You only have to look at the stats for mental health days and stress related workers compensation cases too to see that it is a huge issue.

and just to point out the report is over a year old so out of date anyway

i wouldn't read to much into it myself like everyone else has posted theres just as many sufferers over here

Living the Dream in Baldivis

No need to worry Moonraker, you're in the Uk so you will be fine.

Guest Pinhead

With the weather in Oz you've got to be at least a bit happier.

Guest moonraker1961

I had abit of a giggle when I read it as I work as a Mental Health Nurse,so if I decide to go back I should'nt have any trouble getting a job lol lol

Guest moonraker1961

Sorry Nikci forgot to mention you lol I'll come on back on chat soon,just been busy and daughter from Luton is visiting tonight for a couple of days with grand daughter and partner,busy busy lol

Nope you would definitely be in high demand!!!