Invited to apply - Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Points-Tested Stream)

Louise1234

Hello,

In the latest round of EOI we have been approved and are currently going through the application. We have a query in relation to the health examination question.

"Has this applicant undertaken a health examination for an Australian visa in the last 12 months?"

We want to be as on the ball as possible with this application. Would you recommend getting a medical check before submitting or wait for them to ask for it? What are people's experiences with this visa? Once submitted, do they give you feedback/advisory's on what needs to be completed? As we can only see one page at a time, can anyone tell us what other information that they will be asking, so we can get all of our documents together? This is going to be an arduous process but any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. 

Best wishes and Happy Christmas

Louise and family xo 

Edited by Louise1234

Congrats on your invite. We ‘front loaded’ the medicals because my hubby had had 2 operations and we wanted to know we would pass them before we paid the lodging fee. I’m not sure you can actually do that now. You need a hap ID in order to book the medicals I think. Just be aware the police check will take 3-6 weeks to come back and the medical centres are quite busy so you usually have a wait of a few weeks for an appointment. 
All the best with it! 

• Like 1