***Defacto Questions***

H & M

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this but I have a couple of questions.

My partner is applying for 175 independent visa. We met in 2002 and 2004 we started living together. We have Oz joint bank account since 2006, joint utility bills, UK joint bank account, holiday arrangements going back when we first met, car insurance on both our names. Is this enough? Will we be interviewed by a CO?

Will I possibly get a temporary visa or a permanent one like my partner?

If I get a temp visa will I be able to work in Oz?

Anyone in similar situation?

Mo

:unsure:

hi, I am a little simular in the fact that my fiancee is applying for a 175 visa and im the DEFACTO, we have two children together one aged 12 and one age 6, we had to send in JOINT UTILITY BILLS, BIRTH CERTIFICATES of our children, Bank details and also MORTAGE DOCUMENTS, basically they are looking to see that you are a genuine couple, and our migration expert said the more you can proove you are a couple and been together for as long as you say, the better your chances of being acepted as the defacto.We met each other Dec 94 and have lived together since July 96 , hope this helps ,we are just applying for the permenant Visa, with having the children it was too much up heavil if we had to come back after two years.

It also helps to send in pictures and invitations that you have both been invited to with the dates on, i know its a pain but its worth it in that it strengthens your case, sometimes they want letters from freinds who have known you both as well

Hiya we had been together 18yrs had 2 kids who were 2 and 6 and still needed to provide further info!! Send everything you can including photos ,the older the better ,the main applicant and a couple of close friends should also write stat decs saying ,how,when you met etc etc.If youve ever holidayed and still have flight stubs etc include them too.The longer you can go back with dates the better.

Cal x

Hi

Today De facto comes under basically the same rules as married.

I arrived here under De facto and it has all gone smoothly and I am allowed to work (temporary visa 2 years then it is reviewed which I believe is the norm).

You have lived together for a few years which strengthens your case. My advise would be send all you have, the more information the better and if in doubt phone immigration to double check.

The more organised the paperwork is before you arrive the easier the transition is.

Good luck with it all. If it gets difficult take a deap breath and realise it is just a glitch or one more paper that is needed and if you remain calm and do one thing at a time it will all be fine.

Kama

Guest richbclare

Hi

just been through the process, although i did it onshore. my advice would be keep it simple and straight forward....we did and it was granted in no time at all.

joint utility bills, bank statements, rental agreements, council tax bills, good statements from the two of you, some staements from your parents, some statements from friends. they are interested in the facts of the relationship and being able to evidence this (e.g - they have lived together for this long because they have provided a rental agreement for the past two years / they are considere a couple by their family and friends because they have provided 4 statements). they can get the context of your relationship from your personal statements and the facts from your evidence....keep it simple and factual - they dont want to sit there looking at your holiday snaps from the past two years - it tells them nothing other than you know how to use a camera :-)

just get copies of all your important paperwork, and relax - it'll be really easy

Archived