Citizenship Interview - Evidence of First Arrival Query

EJMac

Hi, i've got my citizenship interview tomorrow and just pulling together the documents I need to bring with me (I appreciate seems last minute, but I got an email advising of earlier slots so decided to take one, half regretting it now!)

I'm fine with most of the stuff but not sure on:

Evidence of first arrival in Australia and your present country of citizenship ● Passport or travel document with visa such as a Document for Travel to Australia, PLO56 (M56), Titre de Voyage

What do I need to show for this one? My passport that I arrived with and my Visa that I had? My Visa was temporary work sponsored one at the time, I assume this will be fine?

Apologies if this is a really obvious question  - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi EJMac

I am not 100% but here are a few thoughts:

Evidence of first arrival in Australia: The passport that has the stamp when you first entered the country (in case it is different that the one you are currently holding). I think this is the date you entered as well in your application (the day when you started your residence). If you got your first visa stamped on the passport you first entered Australia with, then all good. If not, electronic version, print out the PDF document and bring it with you (and just in case any subsequent visas you got)

You present country of citizenship: You need your current passport (obviously) and maybe your birth certificate translated to English (that got your citizenship)

I suggest you present your evidence one at a time and present the next evidence if requested.

Hopefully this helps

21 hours ago, Popdude said:

Hi EJMac

I am not 100% but here are a few thoughts:

Evidence of first arrival in Australia: The passport that has the stamp when you first entered the country (in case it is different that the one you are currently holding). I think this is the date you entered as well in your application (the day when you started your residence). If you got your first visa stamped on the passport you first entered Australia with, then all good. If not, electronic version, print out the PDF document and bring it with you (and just in case any subsequent visas you got)

You present country of citizenship: You need your current passport (obviously) and maybe your birth certificate translated to English (that got your citizenship)

I suggest you present your evidence one at a time and present the next evidence if requested.

Hopefully this helps

Thanks popdude, I assumed the same so have previous passport that I landed with and my original temp Visa, heading down for the interview this afternoon so will let anyone on here know what they are after.

Thanks again for your response