190 Victoria Timelines

cg9456

Hi all,

I submitted my EOI and ROI for the 190 to Victoria on Friday. My occupation is "Secondary School Teacher" and I just wanted to get an idea on other's timelines for the process as well as sharing some of my own timeline too! 

Skills Assessment: Applied 21/03/23. Approved 20/04/23.

PTE: sat and gained results 27/04/23.

EOI (189 and 190) and ROI (Victoria) Submitted: Friday 28th April.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, 

I’m a sonographer and applied for 189 10/02/23 still waiting for an invitation round to happen. 

Recently decided to apply for 190 VIC 24/04/23 and submitted ROI the same day.

02/05/23 I’ve received an email saying I’ve been selected to apply for 190 and signed the declaration. Once that’s assessed… I believe there’s priority for certain occupations so could be within 5 business days, they’ll send an invite through skill select to go ahead and apply for the visa.

Hope this helps, I was surprised how quick it was. Think you’ll be contacted soon enough as you’re a teacher. 

Just now, ZAtkin said:

Hi, 

I’m a sonographer and applied for 189 10/02/23 still waiting for an invitation round to happen. 

Recently decided to apply for 190 VIC 24/04/23 and submitted ROI the same day.

02/05/23 I’ve received an email saying I’ve been selected to apply for 190 and signed the declaration. Once that’s assessed… I believe there’s priority for certain occupations so could be within 5 business days, they’ll send an invite through skill select to go ahead and apply for the visa.

Hope this helps, I was surprised how quick it was. Think you’ll be contacted soon enough as you’re a teacher. 

Hey congratulations!

And ditto. I also received an invitation to apply for the 190 so sent off my declaration too. Good luck!

• Congratulations 1

Awesome congratulations to you too!

quick question, not sure if you can help. The question ‘are you including your spouse/partner on the visa’ I selected yes. It then asked for his occupation to which I selected engineering manager from the drop down list which I also stated on the EOI on skill select. He doesn’t have a skills assessment though and stated this on the EOI therefore, I haven’t claimed any points for him…

Was this the right answer to put? 
I’m hoping I’ve not answered wrong and they were asking if he’s part of the nomination?

24 minutes ago, ZAtkin said:

Awesome congratulations to you too!

quick question, not sure if you can help. The question ‘are you including your spouse/partner on the visa’ I selected yes. It then asked for his occupation to which I selected engineering manager from the drop down list which I also stated on the EOI on skill select. He doesn’t have a skills assessment though and stated this on the EOI therefore, I haven’t claimed any points for him…

Was this the right answer to put? 
I’m hoping I’ve not answered wrong and they were asking if he’s part of the nomination?

I've got no clue! My partner is a soon-to-be accountant so I just put Home Duties for them. Maybe quickly pay for a Skills Assessment just in case? In any case they have access to your EOI.

Oh I see… I didn’t see the ‘home duties’ option. I just presumed I had to select his job with selecting yes… 

I have stated the same thing on the EOI and selected no skills assessment so hoping that’s going to be fine.. 

On 03/05/2023 at 07:05, ZAtkin said:

Can I ask, are you completing your visa application/journey yourself or doing it through an immigration agent? 

Hey! Sorry for delay. I'm doing it all myself. Only issue I'm having is getting a Spanish criminal background check from my Erasmus days...! The Spanish consulate is simply ignoring all of my emails/calls and I don't know what to do.

You?

Were you in Spain for longer then 12 months?  That's annoying they aren't getting back to you, I wish you luck.

We were planning to do it ourselves initially but decided to get help with the final application, which I'm glad I did as I had misunderstood a question and would have been refused with my answer...

All good atm and almost completed it, just waiting for final checks to be done by the agent... It's a hefty application isn't it! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Welshieabroad said:

Hello,

We are just at the EOI stage and wondered about the partner skills too.

My partner doesn't have a skills assessment and won't be getting one, but did you still fill in the bix stating what their job was? Or did you leave it blank in the end?

Not sure what to do

Thanks 

Hey!

We entered employment details for him, so it was obvious in the application that he was working in finance/towards becoming an accountant. 

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2023 at 18:58, Welshieabroad said:

Ok great thanks 

Then I assume it's obvious at a later stage that you aren't claiming points for them?

Have you received an invite yet?

We are all very new to this!

No invite yet, still waiting! Did receive a letter about three weeks ago stating it was being reviewed by an officer though, so fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...