189 processing time scale

Dean7133

Hi,

We were invited to apply for a 189 mid December and logged 21st of December off shore uk family of 3.

My wife is the main visa applicant registered nurse Aged Care 65 points.

We sold our house and due to complete at the end of next month as we were working off current processing times at that time.

Gov website suggest we should be granted within a 5 month period at present , but hearing som much conflicting information on different forums at present.

Do you think it’s still likely to be granted within this period or realistically could be a longer process now ? Seriously considering pulling out of the house sale.

TIA  

As someone who did the same a few years ago I wouldn't pull out of the house sale just maybe look for some temp accommodation or maybe just go on a roadtrip around the UK enjoying a few months free time.

That said unless you've actually been granted the visa there is still no guarantee you will get them, so there is no simple answer here

• Thanks 1

The timelines on the Gov website are retrospective, i.e. they're telling you how long previous visas took, and are not a good guide to how long yours might take, unfortunately. 

I would have thought a nurse would be processed pretty fast but there is no accounting for Immigration.  They don't process applications in strict order.  

Hard to advise what you should do.  As Ausvisitor points out, you've only been invited.  That doesn't guarantee you'll get the visa, it can still all fall through.   You're usually advised not to do anything drastic until you actually have the visa grant:  after all, once you get the grant, you've got a whole year to activate it and 5 years to make the permanent move, so there's no need to pre-prepare. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will probably pull the plug on the house sale as it’s causing a huge amount of sleepless nights and unwanted pressure at the moment.

we’ve used the service of a well  established visa agent in the UK and although everything should be ok there’s a very small chance it may not be and on that basis I’m not willing to lose our family home and put pressure on our marriage .

like you said we should have waited until we got the grant, feel like we’ve got carried away with it all and moved way too fast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

As someone who did the same a few years ago I wouldn't pull out of the house sale just maybe look for some temp accommodation or maybe just go on a roadtrip around the UK enjoying a few months free time.

That said unless you've actually been granted the visa there is still no guarantee you will get them, so there is no simple answer here

Thanks problem is we have a lovely home here we’re giving up and quite a bit of equity held up in it. 
I’m 99% everything will be fine but life’s taught me to expect the one percent happening and don’t think I’m willing to take that chance , would rather pull out and for the grant then sell the house again.it’s taken nearly 3 years to get to this stage so happy to wait and get it right! 

• Like 1