Visa review report

LindaH27

I watched the minister's address with a group of fellow migration agents. The whinging and whining I refereed to seemed to come from a whole bunch of people (both clients and other stakeholders) who mistakenly expected the minister to deliver more detail and specifics. That was never going to be the case. Several visa categories were never mentioned and some of the comments made by the minister were clearly misinformed. We now have to wait for further detail in next weeks budget and further ministerial releases. Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

I have recently seen posts on social media by two migration agents who have alerted  people to the fact that all their  applications for 838 (Aged Dependant Relative)  are being requested for further documents  - earlier than expected  and all of them at once. Clearly something odd is happening!  

• Sad 1

On 03/05/2023 at 05:50, LindaH27 said:

I accept what you say. I hope you also understand  that the post by Steve was wrong to comment on people “whinging and whining”  whichever group he was referring to. Most people are aware that getting an Australian visa is not  an easy path to tread. As others have said parent visas are a very dysfunctional group of visas 

Pretty sure I whinging, that I moaned and also groaned waiting for my visa. I think it happens in every visa class to be honest. Be happy that there is going to be a streamlined visa approach (hopefully!) 

PS I am here looking at the possibility of family members moving across...