TSS visa to PR via spousal visa

TiFT

Hi all,

I'm expecting a job offer in the near future that will get me into Australia via the TSS (sub-class 482) in the short term. However I have been in a long distance relationship with an Australian lady for over 10 years and would like to convert that TSS visa to PR as soon as possible to avoid the vulnerability of a TSS visa. Which would be the correct path?

As attractive as the 309/100 visa is the waiting times are at least 4 months and this may be too long for my prospective employers who wish for me to start ASAP.

Once you have the TSS visa, there is nothing to stop you applying for the partner visa immediately.

However I would recommend using an agent, since the 309/100 is for couples who are de facto.  That means they've been in a long-term relationship which is the equivalent of marriage.  That is always harder to prove if a couple have been living long-distance, so an agent's help is invaluable.

Have you considered going for a Prospective Marriage Visa instead?  

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Have you considered going for a Prospective Marriage Visa instead?  

Based on what the OP says, this is unlikely to work for him as he needs to be in Australia for work sooner rather than later. Once he is onshore, he should be able to build partner visa evidence fairly swiftly. 

On 17/04/2023 at 22:36, Raul Senise said:

A 482 to a partner visa is possible, although you will need to continue to abide by the conditions of the 482 until the Partner visa is granted, which can take a long time base on current published processing times. 

Thanks very much Raul. I see no difficulties with this. I do not intend to screw over my potential employers just remain in Aus with my partner when my potential employers and my relationship is complete.