Hi there,

Anyone who applied for the 189 Visa on December 6 and awaiting a decision from the Australian immigration? Do ping

Thanks.

At this time of the year the quotas are usually full. On the new financial year (1st July) they are reset and processing resumes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenPothen said:

@JetBlast Then why would they say that processing time will be within 90 working days?

It'll be within 90 days of getting invited.  If you don't get invited, the clock doesn't start ticking.

Edited by Marisawright

@MarisawrightI already got invited and did the visa submission. I'm just waiting for their decision. They are saying 90 days after visa submission and I submitted on December 6th.

• Like 1

It's a guide at best. If you dig deep somewhere it will say you'll get your decision in 90 days, except when you don't (or words like that).

Generally the figure they quite is how quickly 75% of applicants get dealt with, with those not in that grouping (i.e. the easy ones - although no idea what makes something easy or hard) taking longer

19 hours ago, KenPothen said:

@JetBlast Then why would they say that processing time will be within 90 working days?

This is a retrospective processing time of past applications. It isn't an indication of the future.

I applied for an 887. The processing time was 4 months, it took me 2 years....

Edited by JetBlast

On 04/04/2023 at 19:55, KenPothen said:

Hi there,

Anyone who applied for the 189 Visa on December 6 and awaiting a decision from the Australian immigration? Do ping

Thanks.

How long did yours take in the end?

On 10/02/2024 at 11:05, KenPothen said:

Still waiting

We got our 189 EOI in December and have submitted just waiting on medicals on the 19th. I don’t expect an invite for at least 7 months from what I have read but could be longer. Fortunately for us we have no intention of moving until June/July 2025. 

• Like 1