Children's football in Darwin

I am due to move to Darwin with my four children in June, and a concern the children have is are there any football teams for them to join for current age groups 13 and 10, I wish this was my only concern!!  My 13 year old has played at at a high standard in the UK, and wants to get playing straight away.  

Any recommendations and advice on how the leagues work would be very much appreciated. 

Kind regards, Stacey

Darwin is an AFL town so if you ask about football teams there that is what you will be directed to.

I'm sure there are soccer teams around too. It is very popular at junior level as not perceived to be as rough as AFL by the parents.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 03:54, Hands Morgan said:

I am due to move to Darwin with my four children in June, and a concern the children have is are there any football teams for them to join for current age groups 13 and 10, I wish this was my only concern!!  My 13 year old has played at at a high standard in the UK, and wants to get playing straight away.  

Any recommendations and advice on how the leagues work would be very much appreciated. 

Kind regards, Stacey

Don’t use ‘football’ if you mean soccer.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...