Citizenship by descent

ButterflyLadybug

Looking at applying for citizenship for my two children who's father is an Australian citizen, we're all currently in the UK. 

What sort of evidence do I need to send ? My husband has a British passport and driving licence which state he was born in Australia but unfortunately he no longer has his birth certificate. Wondering if we need to order him a new one before we start the applications

1 hour ago, ButterflyLadybug said:

Looking at applying for citizenship for my two children who's father is an Australian citizen, we're all currently in the UK. 

What sort of evidence do I need to send ? My husband has a British passport and driving licence which state he was born in Australia but unfortunately he no longer has his birth certificate. Wondering if we need to order him a new one before we start the applications

I would imagine his birth certificate will be required to prove his citizenship. You can start the application online then once complete it will ask you to upload evidence so you know exactly what is required. At that stage you can save the application until you gather the evidence to upload before final submission. 

5 hours ago, rammygirl said:

I would imagine his birth certificate will be required to prove his citizenship. You can start the application online then once complete it will ask you to upload evidence so you know exactly what is required. At that stage you can save the application until you gather the evidence to upload before final submission. 

Oh perfect, thank you for the information. I might just do that and see what we actually need 🙂