Flights to UK Christmas time

kmrg

Has anyone booked flights to UK for Christmas in the last couple of years?

I know it will be a lot more expensive than other times of the year, but wondering when the best time to book is?

Are they at their cheapest now and just likely to continue to increase in price from now?

Any advice would be welcome.

Airlines are still ramping up routes so more alternatives might be available later. It really is hard to know in the current climate tbh as some are reducing fares due to lack of demand (because of high prices and economic squeeze).  Christmas will always be popular though but travelling earlier in December is cheaper if you can stay longer.
I would start looking soon and monitor prices. Some websites allow you to track prices and will send you alerts when they go up or down.  

Once you book stop looking!

• Like 1

When we paid for our kid to come over (at uni in UK) for Xmas it was $3,200 but obviously in reverse to what you need (i.e. coming to Sydney for Xmas)

To put that into perspective we booked flights for July to visit her (and others) in UK this year and paid $3650 for both of us together, so Xmas does appear to be more expensive

(That said we got a great deal on our flights they are $2,400 each now if you tried to book them today)

• Like 1

If you have specific times that you have to book, especially at busy time like holidays, jump on them.  If you can shoulder the flights a bit (i.e. leave before the holidays and come back mid-January) you'll save there considerably.  Depending on the amount of muck-around you're willing to do you can get cheaper by flying out of alternative airports; my brother saved about $1000 by booking  easyjet to Paris and flying from there from Sydney, instead of from Heathrow, but you have have the extra time and run-around doing that.

• Like 1